Windows 7 Excel 2010 64 bit File will not open

sdruley

Well, I actually have two questions in one night. Here is the second one:

The last system change I made to Excel was to be able to open files as an Administrator. I managed to do that but I don't know how to reverse this. So why am I concerned? Ever since I did this I have not been able to open the specific file involved with the open-as-admin. After several attempts, I did get an error indicating that the file caused serious errors the last time is was opened.

What are my options?

Well, I actually have two questions in one night. Here is the second one:

The last system change I made to Excel was to be able to open files as an Administrator. I managed to do that but I don't know how to reverse this. So why am I concerned? Ever since I did this I have not been able to open the specific file involved with the open-as-admin. After several attempts, I did get an error indicating that the file caused serious errors the last time is was opened.

What are my options?
Typically evoking the Run As Administrator command is done by either, right clicking the file and choosing that option from the context menu that is produced as a result of right clicking or by right clicking a program executable or shortcut and choosing properties and checking the Run As Administrator check box near the bottom under the compatibility tab.
I'm sort of curious as to why you decided initially that you needed to run the file as administrator? Is this a trusted file? Did you produce it yourself or receive it from a trusted source? Do you have any trouble opening any other Excel files or is the problem with only this one single file. Does the file contain any unique properties? Does it contain any macros or cells with sophisticated formulas?

Back
Top Bottom