Windows 7 Extremely High Ping

guitarfrk451

I'm getting an average ping of about 800-900 pinging to yahoo.com. When I ping to my default gateway it's still about 800-900 which tells me it's a problem with something before it gets out of the dsl router. I think it may be a driver issue with Windows 7, because I dual boot Ubuntu and have no connection issues..getting an average ping of about 70-80 or so. I checked everywhere and cannot seem to find any solution to this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

reghakr, I think you need to replace your keyboard, it seems to be really messing up!!! ;)

Otherwise, if you ping localhost, or 127.0.0.1, how are those times. Could some type of firewall or anti-virus be slowing down the times?

I finally found one that works, I'm a littlel blear-eyed in the morning, that;s when I make my mistakes

Just thought i would let ya'll know i read somewhere that you could use vista drivers on 7....I didn't know this prior to this issue. All it was consisted of a corrupt driver. Thanks for all of ya'lls support.

Run a Pingtest at Link Removed due to 404 Error to the nearest server.
It might coincidently be a problem with your actual connection.
Merry christmas.

Go to Start > Run and type cmd, Mow type ping google.com. My response time is about 45ms. What's yours

Now type "24.28.193.9" without the quotation marks. Does the page load faster?

Back
Top Bottom