Windows 7 Failed / intermittent wifi and internet connection

petersarum

Firstly thank you for the help with my ipconfig query yesterday! Now to the main problem which is connectivity. It is an Acer Aspire 5734z laptop with pre-installed Windows 7 Home Premium, bought new about four weeks ago.

Sometimes the wifi wont connect to router on start-up. Sometimes it will. Sometimes it connects and randomly disconnects. Occasionally it connects to wifi router but will not allow access through to the internet. Sometimes it will not even connect to the internet on ethernet cable.

Other times laptop doesnt even seem to try to connect, the wifi light on laptop doesnt come on as part of startup routine. Laptop has been tried with three different routers (in two households with two different ISPs). All three routers work ok and connect with other computers satisfactorily. We have run Windows router compatability test software as suggested in Windows 7 diagnostics. All three routers passed ok. Acer support suggested reinstalling the Atheros and Broadcom drivers from the recovery section of hard disk. Did that, no difference.

Have attched ipconfig and msinfo files. Really hope you can suggest something. It's my lady friends laptop bought on my recommendation so some of the blame for the problem is being delegated to me (-: Peter

Attachments

• ms.nfo
    1.4 MB · Views: 430
  • network.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 420
petersarum;
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Looks like for the most part everything is good regarding your network adapters (wired and wireless) drivers and configuration. So I'm going to go with McAfee. Try uninstalling it using the steps 1 and especially 2 (download and run the proprietary removal tool) located here How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe) .
You can either replace it immediately with Link Removed due to 404 Error or after performing the two step uninstall process and testing your network reliability you can always re-install it later if it proves not to be at issue.
Keep us posted.

Back