Windows 7 Firefox 3.5.6 Installed and now Windows Doesn't Start.

dung

Okay...so, Windows wouldn't let Firefox start. Firefox would last about 1 second before crashing. So I reinstalled the program and restarted my computer. Now whenever I try to start up windows, it goes to the startup repair without even asking me if I want to go into safe mode. I am at a loss as to what to do. I would really appreciate some help!

no; it automatically goes into the repair mode.
I have also tried a Windows XP boot program to try to uninstall firefox but it didn't work.

I cannot open system restore because when I try to boot it goes to the startup repair and tries to fix disk errors.

What happens is it gets to the end and says that there is an error. Upon examination, the error was a corrupt file. And no, I cannot boot into safe mode...unfortunately.

there's something I should mention first...the reason I installed FF was because the FF on my machine would open for a couple of seconds then close. Do you think that that might be linked to this incident? Also, I recently put in a new video card and OC'd it so that might have also had some effect.

Back
Top Bottom