Windows 8 Firewall is blocking my network

Proactivo

Extraordinary Member
I have configurated a local area network with my desktop and laptop.

from the desktop i can't access to my laptop because of the Laptop windows firewall.
I disable and finish my problem.
How can I revise the firewall configuration to allow the connection ?

Best Regards

Swipe on the lower right of your W8x desktop; bring up the charms, and click on the magnifying glass to get the Search box. Type in Windows Firewall and the HELP PROTECT YOUR PC WITH WINDOWS FIREWALL should open up from Control Panel. On the left hand side there will be a Windows Shield icon with the option, "Turn Windows Firewall on or off", click that option.
You'll then get the CUSTOMIZE SETTINGS FOR EACH TYPE OF NETWORK; with sections, (1.) PRIVATE NETWORK SETTINGS, and (2.) PUBLIC NETWORK SETTINGS. There are a Green and a Red option in each of these 2 sections; Green is Turn on Windows Firewall, and Red is Turn Off Windows Firewall. There are radio buttons for each. Click on the radio button Green or Red to turn on or off the Windows firewall. You can turn off for BOTH private networks and public networks or either one; and enable them individually or both.

These instructions are for W10, but should also work for W8x for the most part.

That should take care of your problem; :up:. As long as you also are running an Internet Security Suite (such as Norton, McAfee, TrendMicro, Kaspersky, etc.) which also has it's own Firewall settings you'd have to change in a similar fashion as well. You didn't mention if you have those AVs running on either or both of your computers so we are left to guess??

Best of luck,:nerdie:
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

Back