Windows 7 Fix punkbuster kick?

well the thing is that pnkbstr(a and b) are explicitly allowed in firewall and still when i run pbsvc i get
Is PnkBstrA explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe NO
for a and b both, i tried various combinations and nothing worked even tried to turn off firewall, dunno what the hell to do anymore...
i have 64bit windows why dosent it check in C:\Windows\sysWOW64\...instead of system32

I've searched hours after my problem. I get grey screen when i start up my game, it's punkbuster they've told me. I keep searching for solutions. and tried several things. But it keeps returning on one case wait for the official release of Windows 7.

I'm giving up and I'll wait for some then a week should be all solved. That's what I'm hoping to happen.

Greetz Geynske/W00D*

hello brian,firstly i would like to thankyou for the punkbuster help it was causing me alot of grief, now i have another problem, when i refresh the servers in cod waw i am lucky to find 1 or 2 servers with players in them.i have installed and uninstalled the game 3 times and applied the patches, i,m running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and patched up to 1.6. I have checked my firewall and that seems to be ok. i,m running out of options is there something i have missed, any help would be much appreciated. by the way it is a legit copy of cod waw and key. thanks

Hey Pknyo,

the blog entry is mine and i've several people tell me that the fix worked for them - so it's worth trying it out.

i'm still getting kicked, but the time seems to vary, depending on what server i'm on. Still haven't managed to play a game to the end, but i think the "Disallowed Driver" error i'm getting is unrelated.

If you, or anybody else, has related problems with the fix, please either report it here on comment on my blog. I'll try my best to get a fix to it that's more "reliable".

Cheers
Brian H. Madsen
,hello brian,firstly i would like to thankyou for the punkbuster help it was causing me alot of grief, now i have another problem, when i refresh the servers in cod waw i am lucky to find 1 or 2 servers with players in them.i have installed and uninstalled the game 3 times and applied the patches, i,m running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and patched up to 1.6. I have checked my firewall and that seems to be ok. i,m running out of options is there something i have missed, any help would be much appreciated. by the way it is a legit copy of cod waw and key. thanks

,hello brian,firstly i would like to thankyou for the punkbuster help it was causing me alot of grief, now i have another problem, when i refresh the servers in cod waw i am lucky to find 1 or 2 servers with players in them.i have installed and uninstalled the game 3 times and applied the patches, i,m running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and patched up to 1.6. I have checked my firewall and that seems to be ok. i,m running out of options is there something i have missed, any help would be much appreciated. by the way it is a legit copy of cod waw and key. thanks

I had this problem when I was running pctools firewall, you might wanna go in your firewall & make sure codwaw is set allow all in and out on the firewall rule.

This might help you if that is the problem, give er a shot.

Edit:

Running patched 1.4 I get 6 servers listings, certain patches might have more listings, 1.5 might have a lot of server listings as most ppl & server admins are prob still using 1.5?

Last edited:
thanks for the reply, but still get 2 or 3 servers. i will keep playing around with it and see how i go,cheers

A Fix?

I think I fixed it.

I went through and deleted every pb folder. This includes the pb folder that was in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local. I also manually deleted the PnkBstrA & PnkBstrB files. So, yeah, anything that said punkbuster or pb was deleted. Then I ran pbsvc.exe and pbsetup. After that I gave BF2 and the PnkBstr files admin privileges as well as making sure my firewall gave them access through the firewall.

I hope that helps - good luck everyone.

"MY" fix

Ok, so I just installed the Windows 7 Enterprise 90 day eval and I have the same problems. Now I've had this problem before on my XP system and all I had to do was reinstall PB. But this time, like many other people here, it didn't work. After playing with router settings, configs, reinstalls, etc. I found a solution that works for me. I'm using the antivirus "microsoft security essentials". a free a/v from microsoft i installed so i wouldnt have to stare at that flag in the corner of my taskbar anymore. I turned off realtime protection.. and BAM. works like a charm. I did NOT have an account here before this post, but if it worked for me, I hope it works for someone else. GL HF GG

It's x86 version and Hungarian language. I'm playing Call of Duty 4 on it and there's no problems, no pb kicking so its nice. But I can't play Call of Duty 2:eek::p:(

Back
Top Bottom