Windows 7 Flash video causing problems

cyrill666

Hi,

BSOD on AMD Phenom X4 9500 running Windows 7/64bit.

I've had this problem for around a year now, it's very intermittent though, I can be BSOD free for a few weeks, then it'll hit me three of 4 times a day. The common demoninator seems to be web pages with flash content, whether it's music streaming through a flash based player, BBC iplayer viewing or general browsing of web pages with flash ads.

Any advice or tips would be very welcomed.

5.jpg3.jpg1.jpg2.jpg6.jpg4.jpg

View attachment minidump.zip

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 392
Welcome.

1) Completely uninstall LogMeIn.

2) Update NVIDIA network driver:

nvm62x64 nvm62x64.sys Fri Oct 17 17:01:06 2008

The easiest way to do so is to download the latest chipset package for the HIGHEST nForce series available. Extract. Go into network folder. Copy the nvm62x64.sys driver and paste it over the one at C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Reboot.

3) Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Delete this then reboot:

pcouffin pcouffin.sys Tue Dec 05 09:39:30 2006

4) Update Wacom drivers from their site:

wacommousefilter wacommousefilter.sys Fri Feb 16 13:12:17 2007

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the fast response, it's very much appreciated.

I removed LogMeIn and updated my network driver as requested. Then deleted pccouffin.sys - I couldn't upgrate the Wacom mouse driver as there doesn't appear to be a new one (I installed new Wacom drivers, but the mouse driver remained the same - so I renamed the file to keep it out of the test).

This seemed to work for a while, but after 30 minutes or so hammering YouTube it happened again, I've attached the last minidump - is there anything else you recommend?

View attachment 122310-18532-01.zip

Thanks for you time,
Gary.

Yep, uninstall Boinc:

Code:
Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR:  CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_4_PROC

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME:  boinc.exe

CURRENT_IRQL:  d
And then navigate to C:\Windows\SysWow64\drivers and delete this old one I missed before:

Afc Afc.sys Wed Jul 12 01:48:20 2006

Reboot.

You're welcome.

Last edited:
Looking over all the drivers, the only one that would be likely to cause the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT errors which all of your crashes have been, is this one:

wacomvhid wacomvhid.sys Mon Sep 21 19:29:14 2009

You can rename that to .BAK to test.

It is also a great idea to update the motherboard bios to newest.

And there is a 2010 version for this driver:

nvm62x64 nvm62x64.sys Thu Jul 30 19:48:18 2009

Another driver to rename to .BAK to test with would be:

srvnet srvnet.sys Thu Aug 26 23:37:24 2010

Last edited:
Alright, I spent about 15 minutes looking into things. All of your drivers are now excellent, but what I've noticed is that you are missing SATA, RAID and audio drivers for some unknown reason.

Install this in the normal method by simply running the .exe:

NVIDIA DRIVERS 15.49 WHQL

Then install this for the audio:

RtkHDAudio

See how it goes and good luck.

Thanks for you help and time on this, unfortunately nothing worked, I continued to experience regular blue screens (several per day) - so I eventually bit the bullet and reinstalled a 32bit version on Windows7 - this seems to be stable at the moment with no blue screens at all.

Happy New Year... <:p

Back