Windows 10 Folders/files "Read-only" Idiocy. Please Mr. Gates, Might I Control My Folders?

ARNK

I'll keep this brief because Windows has wasted a fair portion of my life for various reasons.

Is there no utility that cuts through the stupidity of not being able to TURN OFF "Read-only" folders and files contained within MY file system FORCING them to STAY write-able?

I ask about a utility because 1000 articles outlining 20 ridiculous steps to fix the problem that works for a handful of magical people, but never works for most of us only exist to infuriate people trying to save files where they cannot.

So believe me when I tell you I've followed the steps, I've tried the command line directives, I've eliminated/uninstalled Bitdefender or any other security app that might be blocking my attempts. Unchecking Read-only and hitting apply does NOTHING. Nothing at all, much like the countless articles written by people from where I do not know their origin. Something tells me it's a bit of an inside joke by a handful of piss takers employed by Microsoft.

Rant over, at least in this post box.

Thank you.

Back