Windows 7 Font Help - Centry Gothic Disappeared

FinalBossJoe

> Running Windows 7 Home Premium with Microsoft Office 2010 (Microsoft Word 2010).

I've had the Century Gothic font since I first installed Microsoft Office, and haven't had a problem with the program up until now. I haven't done anything recently other than simply update Windows, but I've found that my choice to select Century Gothic had disappeared while using Microsoft Word 2010.

I realized it might just be deactivated and went to Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Fonts to reactivate it, but it wasn't even on that hefty list to do so. It wasn't in my recycle bin either, and I'm not sure where to download it.

I realize Century Gothic isn't a free font, but I've already paid my dues. Why did it suddenly disappear, and how can I get it back? I've already written multiple documents with that font and am not too keen on using another in its place.

Please help!

Last edited:
Beware - most of these downloads install a range of junk and crapware - things like browser hijackers' trial copies of software you can't get rid of, system "cleaners" which install far more jun k than they clean etc, etc . . .
It's obviously Century Gothic? According to http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2121313 it should come with the pack. It may be corrupted, thus what Pat says, repair / reinstall might do it. If I were you, I'd start there. No need to look for fish further than the sea - a Finnish proverb.

Have you tried running a repair of MS Office?
It's obviously Century Gothic? According to http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2121313 it should come with the pack. It may be corrupted, thus what Pat says, repair / reinstall might do it. If I were you, I'd start there. No need to look for fish further than the sea - a Finnish proverb.

I actually hadn't thought of repairing, no, thanks for pointing that out!

I just did a repair from the "Programs and Features" section in Control Panel. Unfortunately when Microsoft Word loaded up, the Century Gothic font still wasn't on the pull-down list to choose from. However, I was able to type in Century Gothic in the text box, and it allowed me to type in the font (unlike before). This made me think that I could re-try to activate it in the Fonts folder (Control Panel), but it still wasn't there either. Apparently I can't see it anywhere, but I can type it in and use it now anyway. Weird... but I'll take it!

Thanks, everyone!

----------------------
------- EDIT -------
----------------------

Well... I can type in Century Gothic, like I said... and the font DOES change. But it doesn't always change to Century Gothic. I often get a message saying "The font Century Gothic is not available on your system. Do you want to use it anyway?" I click "yes"... but it's not the proper font that shows up.

So it looks like I still have a problem after all. :(

Last edited:
What I would do, is to uninstall MS Office completely - DO SAFE COPY YOUR FILES -, run CCleaner to check / repair the registry, then restart the computer, run a complete scan with whatever AV you have, plus Malwarebytes. Then install MS Office again.

Your problem may not sound serious, "it's just a font", but it may indicate more severe issues. If that is the case, it's a gateway opened. I'm not crying "wolf" here, but wolves know us before we know them. By instinct, a wolf recognizes a human from more than 4 kilometers away.

All the very best.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom