Windows 7 Frequency out of range with NVIDIA card

foxface

so i have windows 7 and love it and restarted my computer to install updates and it reset my screen resolution so i tried to set it to something that looked good did it and i guess my monitor didn't like it so i get this frequency out of range error message and i cant see my computer and its stuck like this i have re-downloaded my video card driver thingy and i went into safe mode and disabled it so i can still use my computer but i need the video card to do stuff that needs to get done so i need some way to change the screen resolution while the card is disabled i was able to get to some strange menu once on my computer that let me reset the screen resolution but i can not figure out how to get back to it please someone help me i really need my computer to work with the video card thanks

Hi. Boot to safe mode + networking. Download then run Driver Sweeper from guru3d.com to clear the driver, settings and software for all ATI or NVIDIA , depending on which card you have.

Be careful not to uninstall chipset drivers. It's fairly simple to use.

Boot to normal mode and install the latest driver from either ATI's or NVIDIA's website.

I have modified the title of this thread to better reflect the content. Please refrain from using Help!!! as the sole title of a thread. (Imagine the chaos if everyone did this). Thank you.

Back