Windows 7 Get rid of wallpaper

Discussion in 'Desktop Customization' started by ultruedeus, Oct 16, 2009.

1. ultruedeus

ultruedeus New Member

How can I get rid of my wall paper? When I go to the background customization and uncheck all th eimages it keeps the current wall paper no matter what. Currently I have a plain black png file and it works well enough but when I have a window open and I hover over the bar on the right side of the task bar (to show the desktop) it shows the desktop with a cool sunlight effect. How can I remove my wall paper to have that all the time?

2. Tip-Top

Tip-Top New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Try this....autohide taskbar then open webpage for example, next hold the windows key & spacebar and press Printscreen button and paste into paint and save

#2 Tip-Top, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  3. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

Try navigating to the c:\windows\web directory and delete the wallpapers you don't want to use.'

You can then drag your own graphics that you would like to appear here.

If there's a problem or error message, just let me now.

#3 reghakr, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  4. ultruedeus

ultruedeus New Member

That does work but I would still like to completely get rid of the background.

And reghakr that wont really help since I can't delete the files in that directory, but even if I could it won't matter. I deleted an image I had in my documents that was being used as the background and it still kept it as the background. Also if you read my post you will see that I don't want to drag my own graphics there since I want no background.

5. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member