Windows 7 Get rid of Yahoo Messenger

PattiChati

I keep getting popups of yahoo messenger and it is frustrating as hell. I don't even have YM on my computer, at least not what I can see. I have been googling it and no one seems able to get rid of it. You just keep getting pop ups of new people all the time and I cannot find anywhere to stop it. I have tried blocking names, etc. to no avail. Anyone have any ideas? I have the latest verson of Yahoo. Thanks.

Get a copy of autoruns free from here to help identify any yahoo associated items:

Autoruns for Windows

It will enable you to see all strtup items in detail. You can just use the check boxes to enable/disable any item if unsure about it or delete the item permanently.

Get a copy of autoruns free from here to help identify any yahoo associated items:

Autoruns for Windows

It will enable you to see all strtup items in detail. You can just use the check boxes to enable/disable any item if unsure about it or delete the item permanently.

When I save it there are 4 items in the box, I don't know what to do at that point. What and how do I download it? Thanks.

Just right-click on autoruns.exe and run as administrator (the exe may not show depending on your settings). It does not need any installing - it just runs.

Back