Going to install update

Fenway16

I did a Macrium backup yesterday, ran a Dell Support Assist scan, installed new BIOS, and an Intel Interface Driver. Is there anything else I should do? I am on admin account for this upgrade. Thanks.

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
You should be fine even without performing those steps, but they never hurt especially the backup.

Fenway16

Also, on average about how long should this process take. I know all systems are different - also, if it seems to stop, I should not interfere, as in shutting it down - from what I've read online. Thanks.

Fenway16

Just finished the update. For my system it took about 90 minutes. Happily the update looks to have cured a couple of issues. My photos now open without that message about the registry that I was getting yesterday. A;so, not sure if I did it or the update did it, but I found the media folder where my audio books reside. I still am not getting the transparency feature to work - no big deal-just like the way the task bar looks when it's applied. As everyone said, update should go smoothly and it did!! Thanks to all.

umitsayman

Hello folks, I recently updated to v1903 x64 with success on June 12, 2019.
When I check my update history, I saw that 2019-05 Cumulative Update (KB4505057) had failed to update on 8.06.2019 which did not try to update by itself, instead my computer updated to 2019-06 (KB4503293) with success.
I wonder if the missing (KB4505057) will be an issue in operations or should I simply neglect this failure???
If it is a must to have the KB4503293, will it cause problems to force to update with an iso or whatever??? Please respond..

Attachments