Windows 7 Graphics info wrong

Yoyomah20

Honorable Member
Hi, I recently recieved a Lenovo Y570 08626PU laptop with Nvidia 555m GDDR5 2GB graphics card, along side with intel 3000 graphics. When I go into display settings, and go into advanced it says my GPU is intel 3000, with 64mb of dedicated video memory. When I go into the nvidia control panel it says that I have 2GB of GDDR5 memory from the 555m. Is windows 7 not recognizing the gfx card?
555m.pngintel 3000.png

Hello and welcome to the forum,.
Look for a switch (silver) right front of machine. It shuts off the intel graphics card and allows you to use the Nvidia.
Hope this helps
Regards
Randy

Thanks...don't know why my laptop was shipped with that turned off...was thinking it was not performing as a 2GB GDDR5 card should perform

Thanks...don't know why my laptop was shipped with that turned off...was thinking it was not performing as a 2GB GDDR5 card should perform

My suspicion would be that, with the switch set in that position it better supports portability in terms of battery life. Just a guess.

There are some systems that will switch between GPUs depending on need. My system will do that, if I had a discrete video card and the software installed.

I do not know if your system is set up that way.

Back