Windows 7 hard disk driver required while installing W7

BobBass

i'm running Ubuntu 11.10 and its working great , lately i wanted to install windows 7 alongside Ubuntu because there's no itunes on it, the problem is W7 can detect my Hard Disk and it says a driver is required ,thought that W7 has all the sata drivers ,i've installed W7 a millions times before but never seen this message .
please ! i need some help !

Hp Probook 4510s

Possibly because your hard disk controller is currently set to AHCI mode. You will likely need the the host controller driver from here Link Removed - Invalid URL

You are correct in thinking Windows 7 has SATA drivers. In some cases, it may not have RAID drivers, or perhaps some variant of the IDE/AHCI/RAID controller. Did the Laptop come with Ubuntu pre-installed?

How is your drive set up right now? Do you have empty space or an NTFS partition on the drive?

I don't think I have tried to install Windows after Ubuntu, but possibly that is having an effect. Perhaps Grub in interfering.

Last edited:
Solved!
the retarted W7 just wanted some drivers ! he always need those ,and i made it work , now i have to make the grub work again to make Ubuntu smile .
i never wanted to install W7 but i need Matlab to study and Itunes for my iphone

and thanks for everything!

Back