Windows Vista Has Anyone Else had RC1 SP1 Vista Update Crashes?!!!!!!!!!!!

Vista RC SP1 Candidate

• RC1 Great!????

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RC1 Bust!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

baznoc

Has anyone had as many crashes with the RC1 SP1 Vista candidate as I have. I had 2 and gave up. If they are going to release the RC1 for real in Update, that's better than having to rebuild this beast , every two days.:mad:
Just wondering if I might get the Same results with the real release?

I have had some random crashes... or reboots... not sure if its rc1 refresh 2 related.. hence why i want SP1 RTM.

I have had some random crashes... or reboots... not sure if its rc1 refresh 2 related.. hence why i want SP1 RTM.
THank You! I had no Idea this would be a touch and go type install. The SP RC1 was a bad thing for me. I just needed to know if I was the Only one that was like you waiting for the Real thing and Real fixes.

Hi!!! This is uncharted territory for me. I struggled to get this major SP1 office download into my notebook. Finally, after several attempts, it took. It's been in there for about a week. Suddenly I had a mini-dump---it dumped the Health Check Advisor. A game downloaded from disk bad--Microsoft says it's not compatible. That should not be, it comes from HP. The game is XP and Windows 2000, it should switch. Microsoft asked for data from the Health Check Advisor, 5 digit number, they got about half before the service turned off. Sincerely, Celestra P.S.- This does not look good to me, anybody have any ideas??

i have had some wired reboots and i had a major crash where i had to do a system restore to the factory settings

Hi. I gave in and downloaded and installed SP1 yesterday and during installation my pc failed to restart and no matter what I did , could not get it to boot up again. Resorted finally to a recovery. WHAT A HASTLE Will no longer try to install SP1
Doug

Did you actually turn the pc off whilst installing the service pack?

Thanks for interest . No I left the computer completely alone whilest installing this. The same thing happened about 3 months ago when I tried the same update. Runnung Vista Home Premium.. Looks as though I will have to do without SP1.
Doug

Hi,

please post your pc details and we will try to find an answer to this dilemma....

Thanks again.
Does this help?
Packard Bell Aruba Chassis, Cuba Motherboard, Intel 2 4300 @ 1.8Ghz, Ram 2046 MB, Vista 32 bit home premium, NVIDIA 8400GS Graphics.

Doug

Thanks for the info..

I'm pretty sure this is your system:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I've checked it over and didn't find any clues just yet..
When you installed the service pack, did you download it first or use the update utility?

Thanks. Downloaded and installed standalone as suggested.. Again unable to start folowed by the usual Start up repair and attenpting repair which resulted in in a restore to an earlier point before the attempt to install SP1.. Final message on restart was Recovered from Unexpected Shutdown. Microsoft informed automatically but as yet no response.
I will leave it for now as it seems as though the installation of SP1 is unattailable.
Doug

Constantly. For me Vista is nothing more than a nightmarish migraine from 7734. :mad:

rmfr

Back
Top Bottom