Windows 7 HDMI Auto restarts computer

jack3

I built a HTPC about 8 months ago. I use the onboard HDMI port to go to my 42" Philips 1080P LCD HDTV.

If I reboot my computer with the HDMI plugged in I see the boot screen then it goes black and my TV says unsupported video format and the computer restarts. It does this over and over. If I unplug the HDMI cable and restart, wait a few minutes for it to get into windows then plugin the HDMI cable it works like a charm.

Anyone else experience this? It is a 64 bit version of the Beta. My computer has 4gbs of ram, nvidia on board HDMI. Let me know if you have any idea, or need anymore information.

Thanks,

Jack

P.S. I have installed the latest version of my drivers from the windows update.

Yep - I had the same exact issue, although I didn't try unplugging then starting as you did.
I ended up just installing Vista which works fine.

Hardware:
Shuttle SN68PTG5
GeForce 7050PV on-board, latest drivers (Released 12/31/08)
4GB PQI RAM (2x2GB)

You?

yea. same setup, onboard nvidia with hdmi and latest drivers. 4gb of ram...

still running 7 just not rebooting. lol

I was told to try and update my bios... so i am off to do that!

yea. same setup, onboard nvidia with hdmi and latest drivers. 4gb of ram...

still running 7 just not rebooting. lol

I was told to try and update my bios... so i am off to do that!

Yeah, tried that...no luck with the latest Shuttle BIOS....

Ditto sighh

Though my set-up is an Abit AN-M2HD bog standard m/b . I'm thinking of upgrading this with a 1gig graphics card tho. with HDMI of course. I've also not tried letting it boot with the HDMI lead unplugged YET! is this safe? :eek:) But since the whole set-up works on a conventional D plugged monitor then I know it's the HDMI sensing that's causing the problem.

UPDATE ... Yep, plugging hdmi lead in only after Windows 7 has finished loading, seems to work.

Last edited:
I built a HTPC about 8 months ago. I use the onboard HDMI port to go to my 42" Philips 1080P LCD HDTV.

If I reboot my computer with the HDMI plugged in I see the boot screen then it goes black and my TV says unsupported video format and the computer restarts. It does this over and over. If I unplug the HDMI cable and restart, wait a few minutes for it to get into windows then plugin the HDMI cable it works like a charm.

Anyone else experience this? It is a 64 bit version of the Beta. My computer has 4gbs of ram, nvidia on board HDMI. Let me know if you have any idea, or need anymore information.

Thanks,

Jack

I have exactly the same problem...with the HDMI plugged, computer starts,
I open a video, computer restarts...
without using HDMI, there's no problem.
I changed the power supply, but it's the same...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom