Windows 7 Help!Explorer.exe keeps giving 'Has stopped working' and i can't do anything about it

covaloch

"Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" notification keeps popping up whenever I log into my account, restoring doesn't help.

Hi, currently, everytime i log into my account (Which is also the system administrator account) on my desktop PC, I can't get past the "Windows Explorer has stopped working" message. Thus all i get is a black screen, and nothing's moving. Running Task Manager to force start explorer.exe leads to the same error.

*Funny enough, I do NOT have the same error when i log into my guest account. Is there anything i can do to fix this? Any files i should delete? Please help! Anything I can do from the guest account? Any thing you need me to paste here to aid in this curious case?

Explorer.exe crash

Same problem here, although I joined the computer to the domain. Any ideas. The local admin logons on fine.
Thanks!

"Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" notification keeps popping up whenever I log into my account, restoring doesn't help.

Hi, currently, everytime i log into my account (Which is also the system administrator account) on my desktop PC, I can't get past the "Windows Explorer has stopped working" message. Thus all i get is a black screen, and nothing's moving. Running Task Manager to force start explorer.exe leads to the same error.

*Funny enough, I do NOT have the same error when i log into my guest account. Is there anything i can do to fix this? Any files i should delete? Please help! Anything I can do from the guest account? Any thing you need me to paste here to aid in this curious case?

Did you install any new software recently just b4 you had the issues with windows explorer ?

Back