Windows 7 HELP, I think I got a VIRUS

scotty1105

Today I tried to save a file to my flash drive and found that when I saved the file it also created a shortcut for the file. I attempted to delete the file, I was able to delete it but then a second later the file returned. I thought maybe it was the flash drive but when I was searching my system configuration to check my startup programs (msconfig) I came across a file called new clean. I found it on my C drive
"C" Users\my name\appdata\local\temp\adope flash player.exe. The crazy part is every time I try to delete the file it deletes for a second then comes back. I am unable to get rid of the program which I am convinced is a virus. I have tried to delete it from my registry and it does the same thing I delete it then it returns, making it impossible to get rid of it. It is labeled as HKCU/software\microsoft\windows\Currentversion\run, in my registry. I tried to do a forced uninstall, same thing it deletes then magically returns a second later. I do not have any programs called "new clean" I never installed it or downloaded it. I CANNOT DELETE IT, it wont let me. I tried to scan it for a virus but it comes up as an ok file.

Is there anyway I can remove this file, I want it gone, besides screwing up my flashdrive I have No idea what other damage it is inflicting.

What anti-virus scans have you done?

It very well could be a virus and they reinstall themselves using another process which you do not see. Of course some mainstream utilities do the same type of thing, like some Apple utilities. Are you spelling it the way it shows and not Adobe?

As this has just happened, I suggest you run System Restore in Safe Mode, if it is enabled.

Restart the computer and start tapping the F8 key, select the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option. If you are asked to select an operating system, use the arrow keys to select the correct one and press Enter. Log on as an administrator or with an account that has administrator credentials.

At the command prompt, type %systemroot%\system32\rstrui.exe and then press Enter. Follow the prompts to restore the computer to an earlier date. You can, of course, run System Restore again and choose a different restore point if one exists.

Please run Malwarebytes and consider using a security suite such as ESET Smart Security or Kaspersky anti-virus.

Back