Windows 10 Help. Many W10 Problems. Sound Crashing, iTunes problems, Start Menu + Browsers crashing..

Keep trying with Windows 10, hoping Microsoft issue fixes? Or revert to Windows 7

• Revert to Windows 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep trying Windows 10, MS will develop bug fixes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi guys,
First of all, let me say that I am a very tech savy person. I've been using windows since the 90s, used almost build computers, and code websites.. so most of the 'basic' trouble shooting I have done already.
I have spent hours trying to find fixes for these problems.

I have a 2012 Asus G75vw - The best laptop that 2012 could buy for a professional photographer and videographer. 12 gig of ram.
I upgraded to Windows 10 last week, and to be honest, it took a while for the problems to kick in.
3 problems I have been having today, and yesterday...

HERE ARE THE MAJOR PROBLEMS - and I am trying to decide if I should revert to windows 7.. (I had a free windows 8 upgrade but never used it as I didn't like the layout)
- Revert to Windows 7, or keep going and hope Microsoft sort out some fixes..
I NEED TO DECIDE NOW THOUGH!

Are these fixable issues?

1) My audio turning off at random. It seems when I disable my audio, and re enable it, it fixes it.. Until the next crash
2) If I plug headphones in, it's not recognizing them.

Problem 3) iTunes won't recognize any of my devices.. Windows will, but iTunes won't.. It's a known problem with no fix that I can find.

4) today the Microsoft browser would not open, I was getting Exe errors, and Chrome wouldn't open either.. I couldn't even click on the start menu to reboot.

5) Last night, all my USB sockets stopped working for an hour.
I have the latest versions of everything installed, and apple seem stumped about the iTunes Windows 10 issues...

Keep trying?
Or just revert to WIndows 7?

Asus G75vw
A good if somewhat old system... we have two people at work with them and I have upgraded both of them to WX but Asus doesn't officially support 10 on this laptop because there is a driver issue with WX and the NVIDIA card... I expect this is temprary but if you lean heavy on your g-card (sounds like perhaps you do) then I would go back to 7 or 8 until they sort it out. You still have the option to come back to WX because now that the system has been upgraded the key will still be there later if you want it.

I want to be clear here, what system you pick is up to you mate!

Another problem is Windows Explorer also not working..

Attachments

• Help007.png
    Help007.png
    335.8 KB · Views: 278
Why would my laptop be eligible for a free windows 10 upgrade if it wasn't compatible?
Good question. You will run around in circles, trying to get a positive answer, but, as I understand it, the so.called check, which is offered, merely checks your computer for the minimum requirements. You probably know these:

You must be running the latest version of either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update.
1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor
1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver 800x600

But, Quote from the MS recommendations:

"The upgradeability of a device includes factors beyond the system specification. This includes driver and firmware support, application compatibility and feature support, regardless of whether or not the device meets the minimum system specification for Windows 10"

I would interpret this as meaning that, although a computer may meet those minimum requirements, it may not have some of the necessary hardware, or planned upgrades, to run Windows 10. This is a bad feature and, I would say, one of the main reasons that forums such as these are receiving requests for help with failed installations.
The ordinary user, does not read the entire smallprint in any instructions or documentation, but, for what it's worth, Microsoft do, in the compatibility test, recommend that a check is made with the computer/harware manufacturers for added compatibility now and in the future, of there products.

Domestically, I run all Dell computers. Two of my Laptops are not, according to Dell's homepage, supported in terms of hardware. Bothe run Windows 10 100%

Last edited:
Back