Windows 7 Help Me please...( how to locate UUID )

sabandza

ANyone can help me ?
how to locate or finding UUID on windows 7 ...??
can i edit or change it?

thans very much
( sorry for my bad english ) :D

Hi,
I moved your thread to a better part of the forum for answers. Unfortunately I don't have the answer but hopefully another forum user might...and of course there's always google.
:)

What exactly are your trying to edit or change?

Hi there thanks for replay...

I just want to find and replace UUID my Windows 7.., how to do it...

could u just tell me how to that ?
i'm struggle 2 weeks to find how to locate UUID on windows 7 ,....

( is there any way or trick or methode to find and replace UUID on my windows )??
thanks..

Hi there thanks for replay...

I just want to find and replace UUID my Windows 7.., how to do it...

could u just tell me how to that ?
i'm struggle 2 weeks to find how to locate UUID on windows 7 ,....

( is there any way or trick or methode to find and replace UUID on my windows )??
thanks..

See the below

-------- >>>>>> How to Change the Disk Signature of a Drive Without Losing Existing Data or Reformatting (howtohaven.com)

Read carefully, step 7 details how to change the GUID\UUID.
Then read again!
As detailed in step 7 run the following command before attempting to change the number.

Code:
help uniqueid disk

The above command will show you some syntax etc.

Again read carefully.
Particularly the last paragraph of step 7 (quoted below)

In addition, if you're really not sure how many digits you should give your disk, perhaps try changing only one digit of the current signature (eg, increasing or decreasing it by 1). Remember my disclaimer above: I really don't know what I'm talking about here: do it at your own risk.

I don't know why you want to do this, nor do I really care.
Just be careful.

As the author of the above article says, "...at your own risk".

I give support for Figolds last comment "I don't know why you want to do this, nor do I really care.
Just be careful.

I fiddle with things all the time, but still advise on the principal that if its working, leave it alone!

I give support for Figolds last comment "I don't know why you want to do this, nor do I really care.
Just be careful.

I fiddle with things all the time, but still advise on the principal that if its working, leave it alone!
I just tried this on my own machine.
The technique mentioned in the article will give you the GUID but attempting to change
it using the instructions caused disk part to crash with no change to my system.

This looked promising but it didn't work for me.
Neither did it do any harm.

See the below

-------- >>>>>> How to Change the Disk Signature of a Drive Without Losing Existing Data or Reformatting (howtohaven.com)

Read carefully, step 7 details how to change the GUID\UUID.
Then read again!
As detailed in step 7 run the following command before attempting to change the number.

Code:
help uniqueid disk
The above command will show you some syntax etc.

Again read carefully.
Particularly the last paragraph of step 7 (quoted below)

I don't know why you want to do this, nor do I really care.
Just be careful.

thanks alot for replay

i have read but isn't that for HDD???...
is there way or trick to change UUID on systeM??

thanks

I guess I don't know what you are talking about.
Yes the above info is for the HDD's Windows assigned UniqueIdentifier.
Do you mean the Windows product code?
If you are trying to activate a pirate version of Windows then you are in the wrong place.
Do you mean a BIOS password?
If you want access to a computer that isn't yours, again you are in the wrong place.

An honest explanation of what you are trying to do might be helpful here.

See below about UUID's

What is an UUID / GUID

Last edited:
I guess I don't know what you are talking about.
Yes the above info is for the HDD's Windows assigned UniqueIdentifier.
Do you mean the Windows product code?
If you are trying to activate a pirate version of Windows then you are in the wrong place.
Do you mean a BIOS password?
If you want access to a computer that isn't yours, again you are in the wrong place.

An honest explanation of what you are trying to do might be helpful here.

See below about UUID's

What is an UUID / GUID

Frank is correct -- if you are attempting to do anything illegal (I.E activate a pirated version (torrent) of Windows 7 then you are in the wrong place and are in violation of this site's policies.

If you are trying to gain access to a computer that is not yours -- again, we cannot and will not assist you further.

Please explain your reasons for obtaining the UUID / GUID and as long as they are for just and legal purposes we will assist you further.

Thank you for your understanding,

Jessica

I am going to have to decline assistance as we are unable to verify your need for this. If you could provide a legitimate reason for requiring the UUID I will be much more inclined to assist you.

Thank you for your understanding.

You guys are ridiculous! There are loads of viable reasons some one would want a UUID, and not one of them I can think of involves pirating windows. If you don't know, it's easy enough to say that. Instead you acted as though you were taking the high ground by not answering. Now here I am attempting to find my hdd's UUID and I have to spend time wading through your sanctimonious diversion from the fact that you just don't know...

And before you ask, I'm attempting to hide my win-raided hdd's from my dual boot OS that can't use them. Not that it's any of your business.

What a bunch of fools! Seriously stupid fools! Want the UUID? Type this into your command prompt:

wmic PATH Win32_ComputerSystemProduct get uuid

You're welcome. Have a great day. Sorry it took you over 2 years to get an answer.

What a bunch of fools! Seriously stupid fools! Want the UUID? Type this into your command prompt:

You're welcome. Have a great day. Sorry it took you over 2 years to get an answer.

My problem is getting the UUID from my non-booting drives in a RAID-0.

THANK YOU for not being all weird & paranoid & suspicious... However I believe the OP was seeking the UUID of the partition/volume itself which I knew how to find at one point but I've since forgotten & I'm now seeking the solution again myself. I believe that the volume serial number may also work (although it is not specified in the documentation- one of the developers shared that with me). I believe that my purpose is the same as the OP if I understood him correctly- I'm also looking to hide and/or rename entries of a powerful open-source bootloader.

@HoochShepherd: I hope you have since found a solution to your imquiry! If so, consider posting it for the sake of those who may be in a similar predicament- or even for yourself in case you forget it at some point after not needing or using it for a couple years (like myself).. I will post here if I figure it out again.

old thread but i thought i would ask
this works but it only list the c: drive

how can i run it to show all drives?
i need to automate the creation of multiple mount points for an exchange server build out with up to 52 databases on 4 servers
thanks

Back