Windows 7 Help pls Windows 7 Back-up doesn't work

Bart Kessels

Hey,

Does someone now how to fix this problem.I wanted to make a back-up of my pc but I couldn't because there were no options or stuff like that. The image below is the back-up 'panel' from the configuration panel

upload_2014-12-2_19-17-8.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-12-2_19-16-41.png
    upload_2014-12-2_19-16-41.png
    330 bytes · Views: 335
  • upload_2014-12-2_19-16-43.png
    upload_2014-12-2_19-16-43.png
    330 bytes · Views: 334
quote...... I wanted to make a back-up of my pc but I couldn't because there were no options or stuff like that.

I responded to your above statement by suggesting System Image Backup.

Your reply...... " but it still doesn't solve the problem. "
That I don't understand.
I thought you problem was........ you could not find a way to do a backup-up of your pc.
Did the system image backup work ?

Perhaps I have misunderstood your problem entirely ?

quote...... I wanted to make a back-up of my pc but I couldn't because there were no options or stuff like that.

I responded to your above statement by suggesting System Image Backup.

Your reply...... " but it still doesn't solve the problem. "
That I don't understand.
I thought you problem was........ you could not find a way to do a backup-up of your pc.
Did the system image backup work ?

Perhaps I have misunderstood your problem entirely ?

Normally you can make a back-up with windows. In the included image you have serveral options to make a back-up.
In the first image (in this thread) you can see that I don't have any options at all. The system image back-up is in the same panel so it couldn't even make one.

Windows8-backup-instellingen.png

Oh my, it's "eene bischen" or something, difficult, due to the language. I write in English, my OS is Finnish, I'm Swedish speaking, and now we have Dutch... what we need is an Italian and German to participate. Sorry 'bout that, bad humor.

You should be able to back-up through "Nu back-up maken".

Eh? Or it could be a minor problem, you could try to change "Instellingen wijzigen" setting. Sometimes Windows needs a kick.

You should be able to back-up through "Nu back-up maken".
That's true.

Eh? Or it could be a minor problem, you could try to change "Instellingen wijzigen" setting. Sometimes Windows needs a kick.

Did you see the first image ? Well I can't change the settings because they aren't there anymore. The second image is how it suposed to be and the first image is as I have it now.

I too, am having a bit of difficulty with the language gap, in understanding the underlying problem.
It seems that you can no longer create a system image using Windows Backup??? Because the Option(s), are no longer present to select?
If that is correct, can you check the Windows Backup service and see if it is start-able.
just type
services.msc
into the search or run box and hit enter.
Scroll down to Windows Backup and right click and start it.

I too, am having a bit of difficulty with the language gap, in understanding the underlying problem.
It seems that you can no longer create a system image using Windows Backup??? Because the Option(s), are no longer present to select?
If that is correct, can you check the Windows Backup service and see if it is start-able.
just type
services.msc
into the search or run box and hit enter.
Scroll down to Windows Backup and right click and start it.

Maybe the problem wasn't so clear, but this helped
Thnx

Well..... that's certainly good to hear and of course you are quite welcome, but.....
I would much rather hear how it may have helped?
Was the service disabled? Or....
Did the suggestion of looking towards a service ring some bell and set you off down another path to a potential solution?
This is the type of information we look for and kinda what keeps us doing this stuff.

Well..... that's certainly good to hear and of course you are quite welcome, but.....
I would much rather hear how it may have helped?
Was the service disabled? Or....
Did the suggestion of looking towards a service ring some bell and set you off down another path to a potential solution?
This is the type of information we look for and kinda what keeps us doing this stuff.
It was disabled, maybe TuneUp program deactivator disabled it.

Thanks so much for that information.
And yes those types of programs can do some pretty weird things and can often be responsible for tuning down rather than tuning up.
Personally I never use them and would never recommend them as a solution for problem PC performance issues.

Glad you got it fixed. Nothing more - but I guess it's just about everything. :)

Back