Windows 7 [HELP] Problem installing Windows 7 onto External HDD

Aced

Hi,

I'm currently at a point were I'm stuck on this error "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Setup does not support configuration of or installation to disks connected through a USB or IEEE 1394 port".

I am trying to install Win 7 onto my External 1TB Samsung M3 HDD, I want to boot Win 7 directly of the External HDD.

Can anyone please support me or give me a bit of help. Thanks.

A lot of external USB HDs are not bootable for an OS. That is what the message is telling you.
Joe

You could split your internal hard drive into 2 different partitions and install that way.

That will allow me to install Win 7 on the drive? Would u advice installing windows 7 onto the External HDD than the internal HDD?

I would advice against installing on the external drive because they frequently use lower speed drives. You realize you will need a second liscense key for this second install.
Joe

I would advice against installing on the external drive because they frequently use lower speed drives. You realize you will need a second liscense key for this second install.
Joe

Installing win7 on my internal now, ive created a 30GB partition. Can I install softwares such as Adobe Photoshop/GNS3/Microsoft word on my external HD so it wont use up my internal space?

Back