Windows 7 Help with a non-genuine version of 7.

Tyler1077

A while back I posted about a problem I had here.
http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/26040-activation-key-problems.html#post101007

I now have an external HD and can fix this problem I am having. I need a little bit more information though before I go on. I am downloading the new version as I type. Should I just run a backup and save it on my external HD or just pull the files I really need to keep. Also I do not have any disk that came with the laptop to begin with. Is this going to be a problem? I don't care to restart from scratch and just download the software that I need such as Itunes and stuff. Thanks for your help!!

Unfortunately you are not allowed to ask for help for pirate copies of software on this forum, it will get you banned

Unfortunately you are not allowed to ask for help for pirate copies of software on this forum, it will get you banned

What you don't understand is that I am the victim of the pirated copy of the software. I am now trying to fix that. I have a key # that should be legal. I paid $30 for a student copy and somehow downloaded this version I am running. I am trying to figure out what I need to do to. Not trying to get help with a pirated version that I did on purpose. Thanks.

Well first thing to do would be contact Microsoft to check the serial is not pirated one and for the correct build of windows, after that contact the police and inform them of the person that sold you fake serial (as that's really the thing you buy not the software), and obviously get a refund.

Last edited:
Well first thing to do would be contact Microsoft to check the serial is not pirated one and for the correct build of windows, after that contact the police and inform them of the person that sold you fake serial (as that's really the thing you buy not the software), and obviously get a refund.

I will try to contact Microsoft and see if the # is legit. I have been graduated from school for a year now and I purchased W7 right when it dropped and I am not sure if I even have the records of where I got it from. I know it was an email through my schools email account. Regardless if I get a refund or not I need to fix this problem because the notifications I get about it not being genuine and such annoy the heck out of me.

Why not just go to the retail store and buy a full copy of Windows 7 and install it, fixes all problems. IMAO, end of story

Why not just go to the retail store and buy a full copy of Windows 7 and install it, fixes all problems. IMAO, end of story

Spoke with Microsoft for about an hour. My product key is legal and legit but there is a problem with my OS. I just have to re-install. They said they are not sure what happened with my OS.

Could be somthing wrong with that Bios on your computer? I Had every time I turned on my computer it, after login came up with "Your Version of windows is not Geuine and I had to reaticvate" Called Microsoft because the OS was fine for 5 monts before hand and my Bios battery was out, or somthing like that they said, (Because the remote assisted)

This isn't really related to your problem but I got hit by a virus a couple couple of Which in turn, caused my Windows 7
to come up as not being non-genuine. Which in turn, caused my Windows 7 to come up as not being non-genuine.
Better put my anti-virus. Which in turn, caused my Windows 7 to come up as being non-genuine copy. Better put my
anti-virus program report that it found a virus at start up and gave me the option or removing. Removed it,
for some reason the system re-booted selected windows 7 (duel boot System). That was when the Windows 7 reported it self
as non-genuine copy. I end up re-installing Windows 7.

Last edited:
This isn't really related to your problem but I got hit by a virus a couple couple of Which in turn, caused my Windows 7
to come up as not being non-genuine. Which in turn, caused my Windows 7 to come up as not being non-genuine.
Better put my anti-virus. Which in turn, caused my Windows 7 to come up as being non-genuine copy. Better put my
anti-virus program report that it found a virus at start up and gave me the option or removing. Removed it,
for some reason the system re-booted selected windows 7 (duel boot System). That was when the Windows 7 reported it self
as non-genuine copy. I end up re-installing Windows 7.

wow I'd hate to have seen this post before the edit...lol

You know what the best thing about this completely useless reply was... that it was dead wrong. IMOA.

On a side note, your new sig... large, loud and unimpressive to anyone but yourself. We're all just holding our breath for the final copy.

Last edited:
Back