Windows 8 Help with crashing computer (partitions?)

hymn12

Hi, I deleted my hibernation partition and have been having occasional troubles when restarting and turning off my laptop. Also, blue screen of death errors such as NTFS-FILE-SYSTEM and MEMORY-MANAGEMENT are regularly restarting my laptop.
Chkdsk says it found errors but could not fix them.
Windows Defender assures me I am virus free.
Is this due at all to my partition deletion?
Thanks for any and all help.

Is this due at all to my partition deletion?
It probably is especially if you are using the hibernate or sleep feature. That could be the partition where the system writes all your active application and system status before going into hibernation so that you could go back to it when you turn your computer back on. With the partition gone, the system might be looking for it and find nothing which give you the error problem. It is not advisable to mess up with system generated partitions and folders esp. if you don't understand what they are there for. You might wanna try restoring your computer back prior to deletion of that partition or try disabling hibernate if it is enabled.

Which partition exactly did you delete? Are you using the Windows 8 Fast Startup option?

I moved hibernation to its own partition then deleted that partition in order to allow for rapid start, as per an internet tutorial.
Is it possible to recreate this partition?

If you are thinking about putting it back, as mentioned on my previous post, do a system restore to any point in time prior to deletion. That may help you putting it back.

Sent from my HTC One X using WindowsForum mobile app

I moved hibernation to its own partition then deleted that partition in order to allow for rapid start, as per an internet tutorial.
Is it possible to recreate this partition?
I have seen tutorials on moving the hiberfil file to another location and I have seen tutorials on setting up the Windows 8 Fast Startup configuration to another location, such as on a small SSD which was also being used as an acceleration drive. The hiberfil file should be recreated if the settings you used were redone.

If you have a link to the tutorial or you know which type tutorial you used was, we can backtrack. It seems using a Powercfg /hibernate on will turn on hibernation and possibly restore the file. If you have some strange configuration, you may at least get an error message.

Back
Top Bottom