Windows 7 homegroup IPV6 problem

shmuelmr

hello,

when im trying to crate a homegroup but is says that IPV6 is not enabled i checked it and it is enabled what should i do?

my pc has a TP-LINK TL-WN651G network adapter
and my roter is TP-LINK TL-WR841ND
i have ZONEALARM extreme security
2r5dwgg.png

15fpwk5.jpg

audv1h.png

11ik39j.png

Last edited:
I was going to say it, but here's a post by a "Microsoft Moderator" not sure what that is. Link Removed - Invalid URL oh..ok, I'll say it anyway because she says "Temporarily disable", I've got to say uninstall them completely...you can always put them back later. There is also some information in there and a link to another page which talks about editing the registry. Do so at your own risk and back it up first. Just try uninstalling zonealarm and any other internet security suites that may be causing a problem including antivirus programs. Hope this will help...post back and let us know

thanks,

i did the following and now i started a homegroup but my other computer cant detect the homegroup what should i do?

thanks,

i did the following and now i started a homegroup but my other computer cant detect the homegroup what should i do?
You say "I did the following" but you don't say what the "following" is? But it seems you were able to create a homegroup, after doing something. Maybe you could tell us something about your "other computer" (OS, 32 or 64bit, how it's connected to the network, etc.). Just some information to help us help you.

the "following" means that i did what it says to do in the link above

my other computer has windows 7 32bit
its connected directly to the router with a cable

Hi Shmuelmr,
Have you checked Enable IPv6 networking in ZoneAlarm Extreme Security? You can find this in the Advanced setting of the ZAES Firewall (main).

hello,

i've enabled IPV6 in zaes but still my other computer cant detect the homegroup.

the troubleshooter on both PC's but it says that there is no problems but my other computer still cant detect the homegrop.

problems i solved
thanks to the helpers
there was 2 problems
1.IPV6 was not enabled in ZAES
2.both computers had the same name
iv'e changed one of the computers name and now its works perfect:D

thank you

Back
Top Bottom