Windows 7 how allow program files folder to be managable by other programs

TreeHole

hi
intro:
few days back i have formatted my hdd and installed win7ultimate
i'm only user on this pc. no password. not messing with accounts, rights.

what i want to do:
make new folder in Program Files folder and download to this folder by program TortoiseSVN other app from github.

problem:
tortoisesvn refuse to do it, because it needs some more rights to do it.

i was trying click everything about rights in that folder, svn rights... it seems im not capable to solve it.

so please how may i make it happend ?

offtopic:
do you rememeber when you first time entered freshly installed win7 ? it asked to set a choice from 3 options.
it was related to windows update. a, recommended (search for updates, install, dont ask user about it)
b, just check for new updates, ask user for next steps
c, dont search new updates. do nothing.

after that, it was free to change it in settings of that windows updater.

BUT
when i installed ms office 2010 pro plus, i same way selected option C. but in settings of win updater is not possible to change it. so when it search for win7 updates, it omits office ones.
i have also tried check inside office some settings, i didnt find abything to allow check for securtiy updated for that office.
can somebody tells me please, where am i able to change this settings, to be able search and install updates for office through windows updater ?

thanks a lot

What is your ultimate goal? You may be approaching it the wrong way or using the wrong programs for what you wanted to do. And please, try to focus on one topic per thread.

sorry badrobot, but you are wrong
it is just 2 simple things. and there is no wrong program to use. i'm sure.

1, windows folder Program Files has some different strong rights to not be modified in some way. i need to break it and use this folder like any other else.
if you think it is easy, try it. it is not.

2, i havent found so far, any possibility how to turn on office 2010 updated through Windows Update.
it seems what you choose during instalation, is not possible to change. or ?

sorry badrobot, but you are wrong
it is just 2 simple things. and there is no wrong program to use. i'm sure.

1, windows folder Program Files has some different strong rights to not be modified in some way. i need to break it and use this folder like any other else.
if you think it is easy, try it. it is not.

2, i havent found so far, any possibility how to turn on office 2010 updated through Windows Update.
it seems what you choose during instalation, is not possible to change. or ?

1.( I will leave this to others to try to help you if they understand what you are trying to accomplish because I don't use that program and I am not interested on trying that).

2. This doesn't give you auto updates for Microsoft products?:

winupdate.jpg

strage but i dont have that in option of it.
i have just first 2 things

but it is strange becase i saw that updater standalone was updating 2 times, so i should be there but it isnt !!
it is crazy

EDIT:
it turned out, once on pc was installed office, it is not possible to uninstall/delete it 100%.
you will never again see this option:
iuLcSoD.jpg

but there is a stupid trick, the only way how to enable it, is to click on that hyperlink:
agosirG.jpg

it will leads you to web where you can enable it.
microsoft ruined it pretty badly. because it looks like just advertisement or something not important.
it pretty pissed me off.

i was trying to 100% uninstall office, to use FixIt tool from microsoft site:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/s...microsoft-office-2010-suites-HA104027750.aspx
and revo uninstaller pro

with both tools, some settings had to left, because during reinstall, that installer remembered some data i put in, in previous one.
also history of last opened files was kept. and therefore never again appeared that desired screen.

DOES ANYONE KNOW, HOW TRUE UNINSTALL OFFICE2010 FROM PC PLEASE?

thanks for all

// some advertisements links appeared under my words, i cannot delete it because in edit it is not shown. those cleverbridge links are not mine

Last edited:
Back