How can "Computer" be provided as a link to a shortcut?

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Help and Support' started by bigpump2012, Dec 1, 2012.

1. bigpump2012

bigpump2012 New Member

Hello. I need a shortcut that would lead to "Computer". The problem is however, I don't seem to figure out where and what "Computer" actually is. Is it a folder? Is it an executable? Where is it? I also would like my shortcut to be pointing at "Computer" properties when "Properties" is clicked, similar to "Computer" shortcut that can be placed on the "Start" menu. This is something a regular shortcut just won't do? You might have a question of your own by now: Why would you need a shortcut if you can get one for your "Start" menu? Well, I need it to be on the taskbar instead, and this is something that has to be done manually. Is there a way to accomplish this? Thanks.

#1 bigpump2012, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
  2. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

If you move your mouse cursor to the bottom left corner of your screen the toggle widget should be displayed, on which you can right click to produce something called a power user menu. Choosing the system link from this menu is pretty much the same thing as right clicking the computer icon and choosing properties I believe.
    Wouldn't that suffice?