Windows 7 How can I back up MS Office 2010 Beta

silverman

Honorable Member
I have a new Toshiba X500-10T, I have had several small problems and Toshiba Technical now wish to delete all I have installed (mainly programmes) and do a factory reset. Sio all my work will be lost. I have installed the Beta version of MS Office 2010 and have spend quite a lot of time setting up outlook with my address book, emails accounts (18) etc. I don't want to loose these settings and the information, much I have manually added and it's taken me ages. How can I back up "Office 2010" it's not the same as MS Offfice 2003 & 7. I have a new Toshiba 1TB external drive with this unit. I ran the windows back-up to this but I need to be certain about having a copy (2nd copy) as a precaution. Advice help will be much appreciated.

Can't you export that information from Office?

Office cannot just be copied, it needs to be re-installed to put the correct entries in the registry.

You might want to try to image the drive or partition using DriveImage XML V2.13

Perhaps I did not explain, I can reinstall the MS Office Beta, no problem, it all the data end setting that I have created including email accounts, emails (received and sent), address book etc that I need to save so I can import them to bring back the programme as it is now.

Thank.

What I am saying I can reinstall MS Offioce, I have the origional set-up file, so I can reinstall the MS Office without any problems, but it's getting back all the settings (email address books etc) that is of concern. Toshiba are going to wipe my hard drive later this afternoon and all will be lost if I cant find away to save all these settings. I have multipal email accounts and a very large address book, I just do not want to loose any of it. Previous versions of office has a backup facility, but can find any reference to it on this version. Also cant find a way of importing it after a new installation - Hence my question.

Hi All,

It was to late to help me at the time, but I am please to say that you can do a import and export in Office 2010 Beta, It not very clear but this is what you have to do:-

Open Outlook.

Select File > Open > Import

You will see from that location you can export and import as you wish.

Perhaps on the final edition Microsoft will make this clearer. I hope this helps some one. Certainly will for me in the future.

Thanks for all those who tried to find this for me. Quite simple in the end.

Back
Top Bottom