Windows 8 How can I replace Windows 8 Start screen with Start menu?

BMW

Are there any apps that can help me replace the Start screen with Start menu? I searched in forum but found not too much options. Any recommend would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hi, Adamsappleone, thank you very much. I tried your way and problem solved. Now I feel better with my laptop but I still using my desktop as well. Because it is Win7 system and it has Start menu. I will try 3-party apps like Classic shell, Start8 or Wentutu Start menu to make it has that button.
Hello BMW,

There are a few tips to modify your desktop in this forum, ie; shutdown options, start menu

To bypass the Start Screen and go directly to Desktop you can follow this guide here; AddictiveTips » Blog ArchiveBypass Windows 8 Start Screen On Startup & Jump Directly To Desktop

Hope this helps
Don

Hi

Another option.

Just install Classic Shell for Windows 8, I use it and it works great.

Mike

BMW you have asked this same question in 3 separate forums, and in at least 2 posts here, all with the same answers. The best advice since we're "testing" Win 8 is to try them all and see which works best.

Thanks, everyone here! I tried every app I mentioned and even more apps recommended by others. Just like what Medicted60 said, I have asked the same question in several places. Last weekend (8/25-8/26, we may in different time zone), I installed all of the one by one. Here are my feelings: 1. Classic Shell. It is really powerful and has many functions. What's more, it has many Start menu of different versions of Windows, thus users can choose whatever they like. 2. Wentutu Start Menu. It is a brand new app. It doesn't have the numerous functions but it is really simple to operate. The interface is brief either. 3. Start8. It is brief as Wentutu Start Menu as well. It enables quick access and searching of installed applications. 4. ViStart. Nothing different with Start8 (personal opinion). So, sum up, if you want try more and you are a very classic man even want back to Windows 98's Start menu, then you can use Classic Shell. If you are lazy (like me, the simpler, the better), then you may try the last three apps. By the way, what I am using now is Wentutu Start Menu, though it is a new app, it has Wentutu Speed RamDisk. This is what it attracts me. New enough everything!

Are there any apps that can help me replace the Start screen with Start menu? I searched in forum but found not too much options. Any recommend would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Use Windows 7...:devilish:

I haven't found anything complected about Classic Shell, it only takes a few minutes to install and takes care of pretty much any issue you have with Windows 8.

What's more it improves the way that Windows Explorer works which is helpful for me.
I didn't like the way the folders jumped up and down in Windows 7 and it fixed that.

Back