Windows 7 how do i change my audio device back to my sound driver/speakers

Timmie Anne

from the digital audio device? every time i plug in my $20 speakers i got from target, the audio device changes from my soundmax driver (which comes thru the lappy speakers) to a digital audio device in my little speaker icon thingy and i don't know how to manually change it back except thru reinstalling the drivers and rebooting a bunch of times, which i only did once because i won't plug my speakers back in until i get some help here. when i go to properties it only shows the enabled device and i can't find the other output option. if i reinstall the soundmax drivers it switches back to laptop speakers but this is obviously a hassle. where's the option?

I can't physically repro your scenario but... > Search, type Sound & the Playback Devices tab. Both internal & external speakers should show there.

Drew

Hi

Have you tried right clicking on the desktop and selecting Personalize / Sounds / and looking at the playback tab.

When I do that I see all the options for output devices, i.e. AMD HDMI output, AMD high Definition Audio Driver, or Creative X-Fi, Speakers, and SPIDIF, out etc.

I can select any of them and select configure or set as default.

Mike

Back