Windows 7 HOW long does reactvation to windows 7 last

jhmac77

HOW long does reactvation to windows 7 last. ACTUALLY I used win 7 for years before activation even with all the nuisances.

Thanks NoelDP, I noticed you posted a message on sevenforums explaining his key was publicly displayed. If the key was publicly displayed, that would explain why there is a re-activation notice.

HOW long does reactvation to windows 7 last. - Page 2 - Windows 7 Forums
A little googling shows that the OP has actually published his FULL Key on the internet - I would not be surprised to hear that it has been blocked for abuse.

Thanks NoelDP, I noticed you posted a message on sevenforums explaining his key was publicly displayed. If the key was publicly displayed, that would explain why there is a re-activation notice.

No, it wouldn't, actually :) - but it would explain any possible Bloocked Key status that comes up when activation is attempted.

The OP appears not to understand that Activation is Mandatory for all installations of Windows, and has been since 2001 when XP was released.

No, it wouldn't, actually :) - but it would explain any possible Bloocked Key status that comes up when activation is attempted.
So the blocked key status message is actually different than a simple re-activation message. I've had the "You may be a victim of computer piracy" message a few times simply by adding HDD's. But then the automated re-activation has always re-activated my Windows. I wasn't aware the status message would be different with blocked key. I always figured that activation would fail with blocked keys, forcing the use of another key.

Since I've never dealt with a blocked key, I have no way of verifying.

A Blocked Key will be rejected at activation with the error code 0xc004c4a2 - Blocked Key.

I've never managed to actually see the exact screen notification on a machine where an activated Key has become blocked and discovered by the WAT update - but the results of an MGADiag report are definitive (usually, at least!).

Back
Top Bottom