How to setup new user

hello

I want to set up a new user in windows 10. Right now I only have my admin user on it. I want a secondary user for someone else. He needs to be able to download and use a program, but not be able to access to any of my files. So when you first log in with him, it looks like you just installed windows. How do I do this? Cause every time I tried it, it had the same desktop and access to all files on my hard drives.

thanks

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Hi John,
is your friend signing in with his own account or is he using a local account? If he has his own account to sign into then he shouldn't see your files.

Hi John,
is your friend signing in with his own account or is he using a local account? If he has his own account to sign into then he shouldn't see your files.
I would use a local account for it if this is possible, but if it's easier with an account, then I'll make a new account for him.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
If you make a proper account, meaning one with a Microsoft account then when your friend signs in he should only see his own files and folders not yours.
Set up accounts - Windows Help

OK thank you.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.