Windows 7 How would you rate Win7.

Excellent...stable, awesome interface, polished (even for a RC). Cant wait to see what the final release is going to look like.

One complaint: We have a lot of older software here at work, and some of the old DOS based programs don't seem to work, even in compatibility mode. We'll just have to work with the vendors and see if we can get updates or something.

It's an all around perfect OS, even at RC stages.. ;) The final will be nothing but gold.. :)

I meant that we haven't had any problems with Windows XP and the DOS programs that don't work in windows 7.

Corporate wide = windows xp (no problems with Dos based programs)
Test users = windows 7 (cant get those same programs to work)

I was responding to hussanali question about the dos programs working in XP

"Hey does your DOS programs work on XP."

:p

I meant that we haven't had any problems with Windows XP and the DOS programs that don't work in windows 7.

Corporate wide = windows xp (no problems with Dos based programs)
Test users = windows 7 (cant get those same programs to work)

I was responding to hussanali question about the dos programs working in XP

"Hey does your DOS programs work on XP."

:p

I should have been a little clearer there, I wasn't directing that comment at you.. ;) I just ment in general.. :) Sorry if it seemed directed at you specifically..

Ohh not a problem...its all good. :)

Windows 7 better then good - it b awesome and gathering strength from the many forums giving feed back :)
MS have hit the pay load . Yeha!
Vista works great -now after a flaky start no flake with win 7 :D

Best... yes, we all think that windows 7 is great and the best, etc, but it's impossible to make an excellent OS that works with no errors, so if excellent is better than best, i'm still waiting for an excellent os.

problems with masm32's bluescreen

hey guys,
i couldnt link .exe files in windows7.
"cv filename.exe"
in command line sucks.:mad:

windows 7 is top notch...theres not much more they can do for windows 7 now its a finished product now for me...this last build(7137) is really stable....if it aint broke...

Dos in full screen

is there a way to fullscreen mode for dos in win7? i couldnt link exe files in masm32. got any ideas...!:D

Windows 7 is very fast and stable on my old dinosaur of a computer. However it still won't recognize 4 of my 8 USB ports. I reported it as soon as I started using Build 7000 but the problem is still there.

The only other thing is that I still want the Classic Start Menu back. I'm sure that something will come along where I can have it at some time. I'm not worried about it.

Update: I set up the Unawave thing. It's really pretty awesome.

UNAWAVE - Windows 7 Classic Menu emulation
http://www.unawave.de/windows-7/win7-classic-menu.html?lang=EN

Back
Top Bottom