Windows 7 How would you rate Windows 7

Magicjack doesn't consider it a problem. They say the program was designed to work that way. MJ does not want the computer to be turned off because it will cut off their phone connection, end of discussion.
What happens is when you plug in their device to a USB port all the power control settings are useless so the screen saver never comes on, the computer will not sleep or hybernate. Unplug and everything is ok. I think they are issuing some sort of system overrides. I have been able to get my screen saver and light sleep mode working again using the "powercfg -requestsoverride" commands via the cmd window. I still can't get hybernation back. This is about the limit of my technical ability. I don't like tampering with system stuff.
It seems MJ could have written the software to maybe give you the choice of going to voicemail during hybernation or leaving the computer on 24/7.
The MJ device is an external device therefore portable. So I guess that brings on more issues.

ah never tried magic jack see the ad all the darn time with the company name changed lol try this command to get hibernation back on powercfg.exe /hibernate on you will probably have too restart also did you check you power options in the control panel to make sure evrything was right

ah never tried magic jack see the ad all the darn time with the company name changed lol try this command to get hibernation back on powercfg.exe /hibernate on you will probably have too restart also did you check you power options in the control panel to make sure evrything was right

I'll give it a shot.
I started with the power options. That's where I noticed that any settings I made wouldn't affect the power settings concerning sleep & hybernate mode. And I went back and back and back to those settings. I have a feeling that if I succeed in getting hybernate back, magic jack will disconnect.
I have several months left on my subscription. However it's not expensive so I may have to just drop it. The phone itself works great if you want you computer up 24/7. I don't.
Thanks for the advise I'll try it.

Windows 7 is the best new release since Windows 95 - I just love it. I even forgive the microsoft engineers for wasting my time and money with that load of **** called Vista

If windows 7 could give me internet access I'd consider it more favourably... should have stayed with the Mac

Somehow I managed to go from win 95 to win XP skipping win 98, and now it was like from win XP to win 7 skipping vista... I wonder if win 9 :)D) will be as great as all of the previvous together.
It have a litle minuses here and there but thouse are only personality issues for me 'cause I'm such an *sshole, but still best OS I have worked AND played yet.
Thank you Microsoft!

50/50 since there are alot of unsolved leaks and dislike the fact you have to search everywhere to find some good answere if there are.
some problems look alot alike but are completely different. still prefer windows xp

If there was a selection called "Can't live without it", I'd choose it. Also, for you people who said that you wish you never installed it, what are you doing on this forum?

If there was a selection called "Can't live without it", I'd choose it. Also, for you people who said that you wish you never installed it, what are you doing on this forum?

we do now I put it with love it since it is about the same thing if you love something more than likely you can live without it in a way:)

Much better than his predecessors, stability improved, security and many other things,speed...etc. not to mention visual appereance. I would not change my windows 7 ultimate 64-bit for any other known and unknown OS, at least till something much better is not come around.
Sorry for my english not my first language.

Win 7 is the biggest improvement in OS since Win95 and can only report good things happen. This comment refers to the 32 bit version since I have had a number of problems with the 64 bit Ultimate version and I am about to replace it with the 32 bit version. The 64 bit version seems to have problems with a lot of older software and I don't see enough of an improvement over 32 bit to justify it.

MS cannot nor should they make an OS that can run every bit of software ever made, some that have complained want W7 to run 16 bit legacy software or proprietary software. I have not found any software that I personally have that I ran on Vista that did not run on W7 64 bit. If someone had that kind of software I would recommend that they run 64 bit and run a Virtual XP or a Virtual Machine program of their choice to acc0omadet the one program or two they actually needed.

No offense to anyone's opinion about 32-bit windows 7, but I'm personally very satisfied from win 7 64-bit, the kernel is more secure and overall security from 32-bit, all my 4gig. ram is in use( in32-bit is limited) and I'm running many old application without problem and playing very old games like diablo and many others in fact it's very rare for something to not run in windows 7 64-bit, compatibility mode is great thing.
I also forgot to mention(this is for both 32 and 64bit) that restore point is really restore point not like in windows xp.

The real reason to run 64 bit on new computers is that almost everything has more then 3 gigabytes of ram now.

My computer has 8 and new mother boards support 16 now.
With the price of ram so low, if I were getting a new computer now I would go with 16 and you just have to have a 64 bit OS to do that.

It may not make sense to install 64 bit on your 5 year old computer but if you are going new, it's the only way to go.

Aside from that I haven't had problems running anything on my 64 bit machine, even my old Tomb Raider games from the 90s run fine.

The only exception I found wasn't that old, Adobe Indesign CS2 just wouldn't run in 64 bit, I had to upgrade to the newest version and that wasn't cheap.
All my other Adobe software runs fine.

Mike

Well I had a problem(this is not a problem about 32 bit or 64 bit) with installing the game The Bard's Tale because for it's installation is need it Windows Media player 9.But I have found a way(read it somewhere on net) I had to install the game on xp(on the pc of my friend) then copy the installation folder to my windows 7 ultimate 64 and run the game in compatibility mode winxp sp.2.

My board which is coming up on 2 years old is an ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 supports up to 24 gig of ram it has 6 slots each capable of supporting 4 gig per slot. I run 12 gig of Mushkin Red Lines triple channel 1600 MHz memory. The only reason I do not run 24 gig id 4 Gig sticks are expensive compared to 2 gig sticks of Ram

By releasing Windows 7, Microsoft Windows is only one step away from Macintosh :)

Fanboy-ism aside, That's arguable from every perspective. Microsoft is the leading company. But again, it's just one's personal opinion at the end of the day.

There are almost too many problems with Windows 7 to list. First of all, I have back up protection [Norton] I have run several scans and did not find any virus, trojans or harmful malware or spyware. I have 6 GB of memory, I don't play any games except hearts which came with the computer. It will lock up [freeze] several times a day for no reason and I have to reboot each time.

The icons I have on the desktop screen have disappeared including the recycle bin. The documents that were on the desktop are nowhere to be found. The size of fonts will change by the minute from very large to so small that I cannot read them. Yes, I can use Ctrl and the + key to change the size, but within 30 seconds it will change again.
Windows Media Player does not work at all, I attempted to install Real Player but get a message stating that it cannot be run, but does not give me the reason why.

As far as I'm concerned Microsoft has put out a product [Windows 7] that is totally worthless and I'm not the only person who is experiencing this. If I had the money I would get a Mac and junk this computer.

Back
Top Bottom