Windows 7 How would you rate Windows 7

Tanzanos please stop trolling this thread. You have made your feelings plain and if you feel that strongly enough then don't use windows 7. If you want to discuss the finer points then please feel free to open a discussion thread yourself but as i said above stop trolling this one.

Tanzanos please stop trolling this thread. You have made your feelings plain and if you feel that strongly enough then don't use windows 7. If you want to discuss the finer points then please feel free to open a discussion thread yourself but as i said above stop trolling this one.
Sorry for disagreeing. I shall stop posting. My apologies for expressing my views on Win 7.

Bye!

Your views are welcome but need only to made clear once not time and time again.

MS is now urging those that want classic menus in win 7 to go back to Vista or XP. When I first got Win 7 I had installation problems (which were due to a sata cable) and called MS for help. MS insisted on solving the problem for me to the point where they totally discouraged me from reverting back to XP when I told them "I give up, I want to go back to XP" They actually stuck with me until the problem was solved. This was back in February. Yesterday I called them and expressed my desire to revert back to XP and if there was a way to transfer all my settings from Win 7 to XP. MS replied that this was not possible and they recommended a fresh install of XP. There was not even a hint of "Why"! It seems that the classic menu fiasco with Win 7 has stumped MS and they are once more (just like Vista) allowing people to revert to the tried and tested and much liked XP. Don't get me wrong! there is nothing wrong with Win 7 apart from the UI which is ......... (I do not wish to repeat myself again lest I be called a Troll).
My opinion is that MS should reconsider and install classic menus as a download add on for Win 7.

I was a "love it" but I'm getting a tad irritated with some quirks.
Control of permissions is a clear one. Or to put it another way, when is an administrator not an administrator.
So, I have trouble with some installation, say, because the permissions on some folder or other won't let it access them, even though the permissions seem all to be set right. But when I come to reset those permissions it won't let me ( administrator account) change them, because admin isn't good enough.
Another is uninstalling or reinstalling. Frequently the source file for a .msi install is missing, because it had saved itself in a temp folder. But Windows won't/can't uninstall the programme without it. And, more to the point, it won't let me reinstall over the exisitng installation, so that I can then have the files to uninstall it with, because it needs to be removed first, which is what I can't do. Catch 22 anyone? (Revo......!)

I like windows 7 I think its functional and easy to manuver. Wish MS would have skipped the who vista emberresment but live and learn WIN 98 First edition Windows ME, windows 3.1, Windows Vista were all painful jokes on the computer world. But windows 7 as XP were and apology

I found nothing wrong with Vista most errors on any OS are usually caused by what is between the ears. I have been a Windows User since Windows 3.0 I had no Problems with 98, yes the occasional BSOD usually caused by me tinkering.

Sorry to get your dander up sarge I have been using MS products since MD dos 5.0 and my first computer was a commadore 64. Windows 98 first addtion was a rip off anyone who found windows 3.0 -3.11 useful I believe is diluted, I stuck with DOS. and windows ME???????? I have been a tech for 12 years, and I can tell you my experieces with windows has varied, and I can tell you all the versions I listed I spent the most time on (with exception of windows 3.0 - 3.11) was not a tech back than.
I even said in my first article in the forum that winodows 7 is a good product. But whats between my ears works just fine and my wifes vista laptop is nothing short of a pain in the rear.

What you posted was fine until the diluted part, i would suggest because you and yours have had a bad experience with Vista and other operating systems, does not mean others have had the same experience. Just because you have the background of being a tech does not mean that you have all the answers either. I am not diluted and The Only bad MS OS that was really a dog was ME. I never used this OS. I have been a user of Windows 3.0 3.1 3.11 95 and 98 Vista and now W7. Did I have some problems yes, I resolved them and again I will say most problems are caused by the user of the OS, it is what keeps a lot of techs in business.

Windows 7 is the best "out of the box" OS MS has ever put out!

ME was a real loser for me, unstable and lots of BSODs.

Started using Windows at v3.0 and progressed up from there.

Big fan here.
Everything I have runs great.
Games are fast.
Graphics programs and film editing faster then ever.
Of course I have to give some of the credit to my new computer from FNW.

Well for the price I paid for it I am glad that I actually like it. Pity about the wasted cash I spent on Vista

I quite liked vista in the end.. It would still strange things now and again but for the most part (for me at least) it was relatively stable.

So windows 7 has been out for a good while how would you rate it. Do you love it, like it, 50/50, dislike it or wish I never installed it. So far I have had few too no problems with 7 it is so much better than vista I have to say i love it.

Greetings,

first PC was a dx4100 486
OS was 3,11
that was worse than 7

but If I had a lifetime liscense for XP I would lose this flaky pile of fail overnite

I quite liked vista in the end.. It would still strange things now and again but for the most part (for me at least) it was relatively stable.

I think it's often the case that not everyone hates Vista, personally I was very happy with it although I did jump in feet first and learn the best ways to get things done by using the beta builds 8-12 months before final retail release, much as I have with Windows 7, and likely will for windows 8 too, then at least I can hit the ground running when my friends all decide to upgrade without a major panic.

Back
Top Bottom