Windows Vista HP c5180 all-in-one Printer network issue

Marco55

Hi Guys,

I have a small network set up at home with a belkin f5d8232-4 router, got a desktop that is connected to the internet via ethernet cable and a laptop that is connected via wireless, both using vista, and both Ihave installed the HP drivers, but with the laptop once it come to the part where it searches for the printer it does not appear in the list and tells me there is no printer added.

Also tried to add a ad-hoc printer but unfortunately the printer is not one them in the list. Any ideas??

You should be able to use your printer on your laptop by plugging the USB cable from your printer into your laptop and Vista will find and install the software to run it or
You can share the printer on your network by
1. Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button
GetOpenContent.aspx
, clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Network and Sharing Center.
2. Click the arrow button
GetOpenContent.aspx
next to Printer sharing to expand the section, click Turn on printer sharing, and then click Apply. Your printer is now shared on the network.
GetOpenContent.aspx
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
You can find useful information at:

Troubleshoot network printer problems - Windows Vista Help

Thanx Superbill for your reply, maybe I did not explain properly, both the desktop and the laptop are setup with drivers and all, which the desktop is connected to the router by ethernet cable. I have also shared the priter via Start button
GetOpenContent.aspx
, clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Network and Sharing Center.
2. Click the arrow button
GetOpenContent.aspx
next to Printer sharing to expand the section, click Turn on printer sharing, and then click Apply.

The problem starts when I´m loading the hp printer drivers onto the laptop and it comes to the step where the printer must be located via the wireless connection, that is where it does not located it, im forced to carry on with the install and connect to the printer later.

The only way I got it to work is to add a ad-hoc printer but the listing does not show my printer model so I tried a c7150 which worked. Any ideas??

Back
Top Bottom