Windows 7 HP Quick Launch Buttons Drivers Missing.

Navahomoon

Hello,

I own an HP Pavillion dv9000t Notebook. I upgraded from Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit to Windows 7 Professional. I am a bit frustrated to find out by upgrading my apparently "older" PC I technically void my software warranty and they will not help me any longer. So I have been searching for drivers for what I believe is called quick launch buttons. It's has a touch bar above my keyboard that plays, mutes, volume adjusts, and a button used to open HP DVD Quick play. I also have a remote that has the same features and is now useless. I have gone to Hp.com and tried to install a driver but it did not work.

Can anyone in easy to understand terms explain how to fix this?

Alicia

Do you have an install disk that came with the drivers for your laptop? If not you have to use google and find the drivers for your laptop keyboard online and download them.

THEN run Device Manager, go to keyboard and try to get it to use your original drivers... or the ones you downloaded

heh heh, I'm not that great at knowing what I am doing. I have the driver downloaded but I haven't installed it. Do I install it through device manager? If so, or not can you explain in more detail.

heh heh, I'm not that great at knowing what I am doing. I have the driver downloaded but I haven't installed it. Do I install it through device manager? If so, or not can you explain in more detail.

Whatever you downloaded MAY be compresses ... or in EXE format. If it's an application, just run it and it should do all the work. If it's must a compressed file you need to unzip it and remember where you unzipped it to.

Then

Click "START" type Dev and select Device Manager then go to ... what are we working on here? oh yeah.... keyboard.

That would be the place to go on the list.. select Drivers then Update them and point to the location you have extracted the drivers to.

Back