Windows 7 I Am Gonna Format My Computer And I Have Microsoft Office 2007.

PowerHotmail

Basically I Have A Computer That Has A Virus That Takes Up Memory Space. So I Need To Format My Computer And Re-Install Windows.
However I Have Microsoft Word Pre-Installed From The Refurbisher Who Gave Us The Computer.
I Have Got The Product Key For Microsoft Office
When We Bought The Computer We Also Got Another One With Microsoft Office 2007 Too
I Checked Their Product Key And They Are The Same Till The Very Last Digits Which Are Different.
Please Help

Thanks,

What help do you need. Those are apparently 2 different keys.

In both cases, provided that both the Windows and Office installs are legal you should be able to reinstall using the keys you have recovered. If your are confident that the keys are legal then you may go ahead. The danger is that either (or both) may be illegal in which case your reinstall is likely to fail.

If you format the drive, Office will be gone. You will need to have the install disk in order to re-install. Whether the Product keys are valid or not is a separate matter. Since you stated that Office was pre-installed by the refurbisher, my guess is that you don't have the install disk.

If you format the drive, Office will be gone. You will need to have the install disk in order to re-install. Whether the Product keys are valid or not is a separate matter. Since you stated that Office was pre-installed by the refurbisher, my guess is that you don't have the install disk.

Cant I Go To The Office Website And Download It And Use The Product Key There.
Plus I Am Gonna Get A New Computer (A Better One) In About 5 Months Time
So Will I Be Able To Get It On Ther

In both cases, provided that both the Windows and Office installs are legal you should be able to reinstall using the keys you have recovered. If your are confident that the keys are legal then you may go ahead. The danger is that either (or both) may be illegal in which case your reinstall is likely to fail.

Is There Any Way I Can Find Out If They Are Legal

Legality can be checked with Microsoft.

1. If you have Windows with product key, installation should not be a problem.
2. If you have Office with product key, installation should not be a problem.

It's a bit unclear if you have the installation disks. The installation disks may be on your hard disk, on a separate partition - them you can find via manufacturer's commands, given in the manual and their homepage. That will be a separate task.

The sure way to proceed would be to get your computer to the seller, tell about it all, and have it fixed. They probably won't charge very much. Price competition is hard, price shouldn't be. And, something possibly illegal in your computer won't get you to jail - they won't even confiscate your computer, so there's no worry. The blackest, we all make mistakes and errors.

Last edited:
Legality can be checked with Microsoft.

1. If you have Windows with product key, installation should not be a problem.
2. If you have Office with product key, installation should not be a problem.

It's a bit unclear if you have the installation disks. The installation disks may be on your hard disk, on a separate partition - them you can find via manufacturer's commands, given in the manual and their homepage. That will be a separate task.

The sure way to proceed would be to get your computer to the seller, tell about it all, and have it fixed. They probably won't charge very much. Price competition is hard, price shouldn't be. And, something possibly illegal in your computer won't get you to jail - they won't even confiscate your computer, so there's no worry. The blackest, we all make mistakes and errors.

So Is It Safe For Me To Format And Re-Install Office
Or Do I Have to Unistall It Now And Re-install After i Format

Thanks,

Hi,
You can see if your key will work by trying to download Office from here:
https://downloadoffice.getmicrosoftkey.com/

You will have to re-install Office when reformat your machine. Do you need to uninstall it first? No not really just go ahead with the reformat.

One thing you could try is downloading this 60 day trial and see if it can be upgraded to a normal version using your keys? I'm not sure if this is even possible but maybe it might work?
http://microsoft-office.en.softonic.com/

Another thing you could do is if you end up losing the ability to use Office there is a freeware equivalent called 'Open Office' which has pretty much everything Office has and is compatible:
https://www.openoffice.org/

Last edited:
Hi,
You can see if your key will work by trying to download Office from here:
https://downloadoffice.getmicrosoftkey.com/

You will have to re-install Office when reformat your machine. Do you need to uninstall it first? No not really just go ahead with the reformat.

One thing you could try is downloading this 60 day trial and see if it can be upgraded to a normal version using your keys? I'm not sure if this is even possible but maybe it might work?
http://microsoft-office.en.softonic.com/

Another thing you could do is if you end up losing the ability to use Office there is a freeware equivalent called 'Open Office' which has pretty much everything Office has and is compatible:
https://www.openoffice.org/

The Thing I Have Is
Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise
And It Is Not Even On The Office Shop
I Used This Product Called
Magical Jelly Bean Finder Keyfinder
It Displays The Product ID
And The CD Key
My CD Key Doesnt Work Niether Does The Product ID

The Thing I Have Is
Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise
And It Is Not Even On The Office Shop
I Used This Product Called
Magical Jelly Bean Finder Keyfinder
It Displays The Product ID
And The CD Key
My CD Key Doesnt Work Niether Does The Product ID

Btw We Bought Two Computers From The Refurbisher And They Have Different Product ID`s But Same CD Key

Thanks for updating your thread. I guess you'll need to either buy a copy or try the open office I suggested?

We Might Take It To The Shop To Fix.
They Gave Us A Three Month Guarantee.
I Think We Bought The Desktop Like In May.
So It Should Be Valid Until August (Please Let It be Valid)
I`ll Tell Them To Format And Put The Stuff Back In Like
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
And Microsoft Office

See if they'll give you the installation disks which will mean you'll be able to install it yourself.

See if they'll give you the installation disks which will mean you'll be able to install it yourself.

I`ll Ask Them When I Go So,
So If They Install It They Could Give The Discs
But I Think they Buy Like 5 PC Licenses And If Someone Orders A Computer With Office They Would Just take One Of The Remaining 5 PC
Since The Other Computer Had The Same Product Key.
Btw If You Know Could You Tell Me How Many Users Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise Comes With.

Thanks,

We Might Take It To The Shop To Fix.
They Gave Us A Three Month Guarantee.
I Think We Bought The Desktop Like In May.
So It Should Be Valid Until August (Please Let It be Valid)
I`ll Tell Them To Format And Put The Stuff Back In Like
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
And Microsoft Office

I rather fancy the retailer is living "on the edge" with his keys and licences. If you can get them to give you a clean install to solve your problems under their warranty I would suggest that before you do anything to it that you download and install a copy of macrium reflect - free for home use from here:

http://download.cnet.com/Macrium-Reflect-Free/3000-2242_4-10845728.html?part=dl-&subj=dl&tag=button

Click on the "Download now" button, NOT the "Free download" button. When you install it make sure you run a custom install and read carefully to avoid installing packaged junk! Once you have that installed run it to generate an image of your installed system drive. You should save this image on an external drive. This will create an image of your drive C so that if and when you experience any of the problems you are currently having you can use it to recover your system back to the way you bought it.

What you really need is a COA sticker. That has a valid key. Just make sure it is an originally packaged Microsoft box to make sure the key was not used before.

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/default.aspx?LN=en-us&x=15&y=15&p1=8753
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828378

Like usually, MS licenses are for one computer, unless you have a license for several, which may be the case, like in patcooke's comment:

I rather fancy the retailer is living "on the edge" with his keys and licences. If you can get them to give you a clean install to solve your problems under their warranty

I would agree with that. I wouldn't agree with anything else than getting a legitimate program - if you try to get out of the situation with anything else, you'll just end up with problems, sooner or later. It costs a bit, yes, but not that much really, if you think about the lifespan and compare it with, say, lifespans of a hamburger.

Back
Top Bottom