JaQ

I just got my laptop a few weeks ago and yesterday I first tried to set a password. But when I make one a message comes up saying Parental Controls "Windows cannot set your password." How can that be when there is no current password and i am the administrator. I keep trying it over and it gives me the same crap. Does anyone know what the problem is. Thanks.

Solution
It seems like you're facing an issue with setting a password on your laptop that is related to Parental Controls in Windows. This can occur due to various reasons, including system settings or configurations. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:
  1. Disable Parental Controls:
    • Go to the Control Panel by searching for it in the Start menu.
    • Click on "User Accounts" and then choose "Set up Parental Controls for any user."
    • Locate your user profile and disable Parental Controls for that account.
    []Use Command Prompt to Set Password:
    • Try setting a password using Command Prompt with administrator rights. To do this:
      • Press Win + X and choose "Command Prompt (Admin)."...
It seems like you're facing an issue with setting a password on your laptop that is related to Parental Controls in Windows. This can occur due to various reasons, including system settings or configurations. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:
  1. Disable Parental Controls:
    • Go to the Control Panel by searching for it in the Start menu.
    • Click on "User Accounts" and then choose "Set up Parental Controls for any user."
    • Locate your user profile and disable Parental Controls for that account.
    []Use Command Prompt to Set Password:
    • Try setting a password using Command Prompt with administrator rights. To do this:
      • Press Win + X and choose "Command Prompt (Admin)."
      • Type net user [your_username] [new_password] and press Enter. Replace [your_username] with your actual username and [new_password] with the desired password.
    [
    ]Run System File Checker (SFC):
    • Sometimes, corrupted system files can cause such issues. Running an SFC scan can help fix them. Here's how:
      • Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
      • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
      • Wait for the process to complete and then restart your computer.
    []Check for Updates:
    • Ensure your Windows system is up to date by checking for any pending updates. Sometimes, updating the system can fix underlying issues.
    [
    ]Create a New User:
    • If the above steps don't resolve the problem, consider creating a new user account with administrative privileges and see if you can set a password for that account without any issues. Try these steps one by one and see if any of them help you in setting a password on your laptop. If the issue persists, let me know, and we can explore further solutions.

Solution
Back