Windows 10 I found a Windows 10 & File History flaw

brkkab

Excellent Member
I just found a huge Windows 10 flaw and it has impact on File History, too.
All us previous Windows users that login with a Microsoft Account have all noticed how Windows 10 names our user accounts after our Microsoft Account.
I just noticed this flaw in File History.
In previous Windows versions my account was Keith. In 10 it changes that to keith.
After I installed Windows 10, I changed my personal folder on my hdd to that name. The first time before I moved my documents, etc. off my ssd. I renamed and applied and ok'd it. I then renamed it to keith like 10 likes and took ownership of everything.
I then pointed 10 to my Contacts, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Favorites, Links, Music, Pictures, Saved Games, Searches and Videos to my hdd.
File History and Windows 10, too are showing 3/4 of these folder in D:\Users\Keith\* and 1/4 in D:\users\keith\*.
Huge blunder Microsoft
That's just like a Store blunder, I've found. Has any other past Windows 8/8.1 users like myself found that 10 only installs the pre-installed modern app's and not the 8/8.1 apps that still work in 10.
That's a huge pain in the neck, that it doesn't install the most rece.nt modern app's that do work in 10, that we used in 8/8.1.

Maybe I take a different path, at the end of the installation, when the Q&As start, I skip the request for signing in with a MS account and on the next page, sign in with a local (David). At a later stage I resign in with the MS account. This name has not changed for me, in the File Explorer - users. Subsequently, none of the other problems you have experienced, have occurred. Why, I know not, but it does seem that the only fault is why you would have the two different usernames.
I cannot comment on the Store problem. I can only say that I have only two "Apps" running, both of which I was using in Windows 8.1.
But I confess that I am not certain what you mean by "Has any other past Windows 8/8.1 users like myself found that 10 only installs the pre-installed modern app's and not the 8/8.1 apps that still work in 10."

It's definitely weird in C:\Users it has me named keith. Then if setup File Explore to show Libraries on the left and then I click on Libraries, it's shows my first and last name, capitalized properly.
Ever since they put out January & February's updates, I've noticed some weird stuff.
I'm really hoping this doesn't happen on the new pc I'm buling next moth. I was gonna hook the pc up today with just my 2 video cards, M.2 ssd, Intel SSD, Barracuda3TB hdd, the DDR4 ram my mobo, cpu, Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 and the psu that arrives later today.
That way so I could have Windows, my drivers and the cpu/ram overclocked.
I'm skeptical with how 10's been recently for me.
I do know when I get the case next month' this will take forever, but I'm going to make my user folder on my external hdd and then cut/paster each folder where they go after making those folders, too. Documents, etc. Then I'm gonna format my Seagate hdd & Intel ssd on this pc, before they move to the new case/pc.
Then, hopefully the issues will disappear. If not, it could also be my OneDrive synched settings.
If things aren't how I like them, I'll go back to 8.1 Pro. I had everything 10 has, except for Cortana and the Xbox app.
Thanks to Stardock, I had a start menu (Start8) that booted to the desktop since Windows 8 and could run modern app's in resizable windows on the desktop (ModernMix).

Here are some screenshots.

Attachments

• FH1.PNG
    FH1.PNG
    47.7 KB · Views: 290
  • FH2.PNG
    FH2.PNG
    43.9 KB · Views: 275
  • Lib1.PNG
    Lib1.PNG
    102.4 KB · Views: 278
  • Lib2.PNG