Windows 7 I have the Latest Specs But Some problem in Windows 7 installation

Vaibhav

Hey Guyz, I have got Latest specs of Workstation but i am unable to install Windows 7 64-bit on it.

I have ,

Inter Quad Core E5504 Nehlam 2.0 GHz CPU
Intel® Workstation Board S5520SC Motherboard
2TB Western Digital Sata Hard Disk Drive
Palit Nvidia GTX 275 Graphics Card
8GB DDR3 RAM

With this Workstation I want to upgrade my existing Windows Vista 32 Bit to Windows 7 64-bit.

The Setup starts and I can install Windows 7 but after Completing the installation when Windows 7 starts for the first time I get a black screen and a mouse pointer. From here the setup goes nowhere further.

Can somebody help me out with this problem coz I have also tried doing this installation 3 times now formating the drive and fresly installing the OS. bu it aint working.

How long have you waited for something to happen during the black screen?

Can you hit CTRL-ALT + DEL and get Task Manager? If so, can you start explorer.exe?

If you hit F8 during boot, are you given the option to start in safe mode?

I am doing a CLEAN installation..........

I tried Installing with some other system of mine and now the installation works fine I am able to install Windows 7 64bit on my other hardware strange :eek::(

Are you doing an "Upgrade" from Vista or a "Clean" Install?

I have kept my system on for a whole night almost 12 hours but in morning I see is Black screen with the pointer AGAIN!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Nope I cant hit a CTRL+ALT+DEL no task manager is visible.

I can go to Boot option but when selecting safe mode, the machine restarts again........and again........... again........

I finally decided to remove the HDD and try installation on another Hardware. And it worked.

I installed the Windows 7 on a much low-end PC.......

AMD ATHLON PHENOM-II 545
ASUS MOTHERBOARD( M2N 68AM+)
GEFORCE 9600 1GB GRAPHICS CARD.
2 GB DDR2 RAM
250 GB HDD SEAGATE

How long have you waited for something to happen during the black screen?

Can you hit CTRL-ALT + DEL and get Task Manager? If so, can you start explorer.exe?

If you hit F8 during boot, are you given the option to start in safe mode?

Back