Windows Vista Icons are messed up.. :S

ForumDx

I've had the Icon Packager installed in my computer and after the trial period ended
my icons got messed up..The main problem is in the image.. Its like it has 2 of them the "original" and the image of <Programs and Features> from Control Panel.. -.- I tried some things but nothing could help me, so.. here I am! :D

Sorry for not saying much,and my english =/ Thanks for understanding. :)

here is an Image of the Icons --->
148m0i8.jpg

Hi Dx,

try rebuilding your icon database:

The icon cache can be cleared by deleting the hidden file named IconCache.db in the following location:
%userprofile%\AppData\Local
Note: %userprofile% represents the path to user profile folder.

To find the above you'll need to show hidden files and folders via the folder options tab. Once done then click on 'Users' on the C drive and then drill down until you find the file highlighted in the screenshot below. Delete it and then reboot.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Rebuilding the Icon Cache Database

1. Close all folder windows that are currently open.
2. Launch Task Manager using the CTRL+SHIFT+ESC key sequence, or by running taskmgr.exe.
3. In the Process tab, right-click on the Explorer.exe process and select End Process.
4. Click the End process button when asked for confirmation.
5. From the File menu of Task Manager, select New Task (Run…)
6. Type CMD.EXE, and click OK
7. In the Command Prompt window, type the commands one by one and press ENTER after each command:
CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
DEL IconCache.db /a
EXIT
8. In Task Manager, click File, select New Task (Run…)
9. Type EXPLORER.EXE, and click OK.

As well as the previous excellent advice, delete your thumbs cache.

Delete your Thumbcache files with the Disk Cleanup Utility (Press Start, (My) Computer, Right click C: Drive (your Main or System Drive), Properties, Click on the Disk Clean Up button). Thumbnails is one of the options you can choose to clean up.

Unfortunately I cannot see your image :(. I've had past experience with icon packager though so if you could re-attach if the above options don't work...

Trouble: Thanks for the advice but that's ONE of the things I've tried before and didn't work.. =/ But thanks Anyway..:)

Elmer: I did what u told me but couldn't get the icons right.. Here's the image.. -->
11l7z2p.jpg

Kemical: I've tried this also before BUT i stuck in the cmd thing.. i type cd. After the "cd" command i hit enter and then /d(space) %usersProfile%\AppData\Local..?(right??) Because i tried it a lot of times and could get it right.. =/ I get "System cannot find the specified path" So if u could help me a little further with it, i would appreciate it :) Thanks for your time anyway :D

When you run cmd prompt make sure you right click on it first and 'run as admin'.

Those commands should be entered like this:

CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
Press Enter
DEL IconCache.db /a
Press Enter
EXIT
Press Enter

Back