mests

Hey there,

I have just started using Windows 7 and i tried installing some games , link POP5 and Assassins Creed II ,

the setup is OK except for the part of installing the Ubisoft Game Launcher,

well, I tried installing it manually , then when i click Install , nothing happens at all..

i used the troubleshooter , and i got the error that it's an incompatible application with Windows 7.

So does that mean that i need Windows XP to play these games!!?!

P.S : I tried changing the compatibility option and selected other types of windows , but that didn't help solve the problem.

Hope you can help,
thanks in advance.

Solution
It sounds like you're facing compatibility issues with the Ubisoft Game Launcher on Windows 7 while trying to install games like Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (POP5) and Assassin's Creed II.
Here are a few steps you can take to try and resolve this issue:
1. Compatibility Mode: Since changing the compatibility settings didn't work, you might want to try the following:
- Right-click on the setup file for Ubisoft Game Launcher.
- Select "Properties."
- Go to the "Compatibility" tab.
- Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
- Choose "Windows XP" from the dropdown menu.
- Click "Apply" and then "OK" to save the changes.
- Try running the setup again.
2. Run as...
It sounds like you're facing compatibility issues with the Ubisoft Game Launcher on Windows 7 while trying to install games like Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (POP5) and Assassin's Creed II.
Here are a few steps you can take to try and resolve this issue:
1. Compatibility Mode: Since changing the compatibility settings didn't work, you might want to try the following:
- Right-click on the setup file for Ubisoft Game Launcher.
- Select "Properties."
- Go to the "Compatibility" tab.
- Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
- Choose "Windows XP" from the dropdown menu.
- Click "Apply" and then "OK" to save the changes.
- Try running the setup again.
2. Run as Administrator: Sometimes, running the installer as an administrator can help:
- Right-click on the setup file.
- Select "Run as administrator."
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Ubisoft Game Launcher.
3. Update DirectX and Visual C++: Games often require specific versions of DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributable packages. Make sure these are updated on your system.
4. Ubisoft Support: If the issue persists, you might want to reach out to Ubisoft Support for assistance. They may have specific solutions for running their game launcher on Windows 7.
5. Virtual Machine: As a last resort, if the games won't work on Windows 7, you could consider running a virtual machine with Windows XP to play these games. However, this solution may not always work perfectly and can be complex.
In some cases, older games may have trouble running on newer operating systems due to compatibility issues. However, there are often workarounds like the ones mentioned above.
Give these suggestions a try and see if they help you get the games up and running. Let me know if you encounter any further issues!

Solution
Back