Infinite boot loop - flashes winpeshl.exe

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help and Support' started by Reggie P, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Reggie P

Reggie P Member

Hello!
    I joined the forums due to a problem I am having with my son's PC - We upgraded to windows 10 and everything worked great - better than 7 - he was in heaven and his games played the best they ever did. THEN one morning it wouldn't boot anymore - just en endless PC repair loop where I cannot get into safe mode, or boot from a CD or much of anything....

I can get into bios area (I think) but I can't get the desktop to appear. What I do see when it is trying to boot is a window that flashes for less than a second before it goes into repair. The window is black, but at the top reads winpeshl.exe and then it is gone. Does this mean anything to anyone? Help!

2. Reggie P

Reggie P Member

I joined the forums due to a problem I am having with my son's PC - We upgraded to windows 10 and everything worked great - better than 7 - he was in heaven and his games played the best they ever did. THEN one morning it wouldn't boot anymore - just en endless PC repair loop where I cannot get into safe mode, or boot from a CD or much of anything....

I can get into bios area (I think) but I can't get the desktop to appear. What I do see when it is trying to boot is a window that flashes for less than a second before it goes into repair. The window is black, but at the top reads winpeshl.exe and then it is gone. Does this mean anything to anyone? Help!

3. BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI Honorable Member
    Premium Supporter

Hi Reggie,
    sorry to hear you're having problems with Win10. lots of folks in your boat.

it would be very helpful to have the exact make/model of the computer you're getting this error message on.

Sounds like you got a virus or malware in there that scrambled some of your Windows systems library files. Or your hard drive could be failing.

In the meantime, take a look here:
    What's winpeshl.exe?Best How to Fix winpeshl.exe Error Guide

Post back your answers and results of trying the fix I linked you to and we'll be happy to advise you further.

Win10 runs really solid as you say, so unless your son went to a dodgy gaming site and you got a bad virus, Win10 doesn't randomly crash unless you have failed hardware. If your computer had Win7 on it, realize it's 4-6 years old, and the hard drives in computers these days are designed to last only 2 yrs., so if you haven't replaced the hard drive on that Win7 computer, there's a very big chance it's the hard drive that's failing randomnly due to old age.

Best of luck,
    <<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

4. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Threads merged to save confusion.