Windows 7 Installed 7Beta and Super Bar is Greyed out and No Peek feature

Tstyln

I had build 6801 installed and running perfectly with the transparent superbar and and menus with the Aero peek feature and show desktop peek, then because the Beta was released I decided to install it and now my resolutions are not right and the superbar is solid grey with no peek features at all. This happened before on build 6801 but after I installed Blue badge and hit a different theme it all went Aero and transparent superbar.

I updated all drivers and restarted and tried different themes and still solid superbar and no aero features. The only thing that seems to be slightly off is under the device manager in the Display adapters, its says Standard VGA graphics adapter, when it should be saying something about my video card driver. I thought I had an Nvidia one on my HP but I can open it up and look to see what is the exact model and double check and find the driver and install and hope that is it, but not sure if it is. Any iseas how to resolve this one?

Hi all,

The 185.20 drivers (drivers from the link provided by Kyle) with my NVIDIA GTX 295 do NOT solve this issue. The 181.20 drivers (drivers downloaded from NVIDIA website) doesn't do it either, I still get the greyed out taskbar and no peek feature.

I have the same (different Key) Windows 7 64-bit installed on an other PC with an NVIDIA 8800 GTX and I have installed the 185.20 drivers and the taskbar works perfectly.

In the end, I would think the problem resides in one of the 2 following theories: either its a dual GPU problem (GTX 295 being a dual GPU in a single card) or its the latest generation of NVIDIA cards (GTX 295 and possibly GTX 285) that cause this problem.

I hope that this issue is resolved because I would love to have windows 7 on my new computer. For the time being I will have to make due with vista on my new PC.

For more support purposes here are the specifications of my new PC (the one where the taskbar is greyed out):
Intel Core i7 920
ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme (Motherboard)
OCZ 6GB DDR3-1333Mhz
NVIDIA GTX 295
(the rest should not affect this problem)

i don't have it unless i log in on the admin account. can't find anything that would make it user specific though.

Just some info I found surfing the net. It might help your problem if you rate your machine with windows experience index. Also your card should have the drivers installed.
Let me know if it works.

I had build 6801 installed and running perfectly with the transparent superbar and and menus with the Aero peek feature and show desktop peek, then because the Beta was released I decided to install it and now my resolutions are not right and the superbar is solid grey with no peek features at all. This happened before on build 6801 but after I installed Blue badge and hit a different theme it all went Aero and transparent superbar.

I updated all drivers and restarted and tried different themes and still solid superbar and no aero features. The only thing that seems to be slightly off is under the device manager in the Display adapters, its says Standard VGA graphics adapter, when it should be saying something about my video card driver. I thought I had an Nvidia one on my HP but I can open it up and look to see what is the exact model and double check and find the driver and install and hope that is it, but not sure if it is. Any iseas how to resolve this one?

Back
Top Bottom