Windows 7 Installed Windows 7 but no games

Jumbodiverman

Hi Everyone,

I just installed/upgraded my laptop from Windows Vista 64bit to Windows 7 64bit. I ran the Easy Transfer Wizard to get all my files off the laptop then I installed Windows 7, ran the Transfer wizard and all my data was there, including all the email I had in Outlook; it was nice because I didn't have to go through the config to get email working, it just worked. Very Cool.
Now, I know it's not really a big issue to me but for my kids it is. We went to see if there were any new games on Windows 7 and when we did there were NO GAMES. I did some googling and everything I read indicated there should be the usual local machine games but also MS has included some internet games as well.
Has anyone else had this problem? And, if so, did you get it fixed? If you haven't seen this problem but know how to fix it I would greatly appreciate knowing the fix. BTW: I re-installed the OS and still no games.

Thanks,

Jumbo

If you look at the dark section of the start menu and select games, there are not games. Is there any other selection. Also check the Games folder under All Programs.

If they are not there, go to control panel, programs and features, turn windows features on and off check Games or go to the subdirectory and pick the ones you want.

Hi Everyone,

I just installed/upgraded my laptop from Windows Vista 64bit to Windows 7 64bit. I ran the Easy Transfer Wizard to get all my files off the laptop then I installed Windows 7, ran the Transfer wizard and all my data was there, including all the email I had in Outlook; it was nice because I didn't have to go through the config to get email working, it just worked. Very Cool.
Now, I know it's not really a big issue to me but for my kids it is. We went to see if there were any new games on Windows 7 and when we did there were NO GAMES. I did some googling and everything I read indicated there should be the usual local machine games but also MS has included some internet games as well.
Has anyone else had this problem? And, if so, did you get it fixed? If you haven't seen this problem but know how to fix it I would greatly appreciate knowing the fix. BTW: I re-installed the OS and still no games.

Thanks,

Jumbo

This happened to me as well on my HP Touchsmart after I upgraded from Vista 64 to "7" 64. What you need to do is you enable "Games" from your "Control Panel\Programs and Features" and click on the "Turn Windows features on or off" on the left handside pane then expand on Games.

Back