Windows 7 Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M sound drivers

UT8F

Hello,
I'm looking for Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller [B-0] sound drivers. Problem is there, when Windows 7 installs them, they are working, but not right. There is a problem, when I plung in headphones, laptop speakers doesn't mute.
I have tried download drivers from HP web page, but they are old. They work, they mute laptop speakers, but before every soundm there is strange clicking noise and then sound.

Is there fix?

P.S. Sorry for bad english.

You computer may be different, but I thought most laptops had external headphone plugs that mechanically shut off the internal speakers. Does your system have other audio outputs?

I normally get drivers either from the laptop manufacturer or Intel. Win 7 drivers may not be the best for your particular system.

What laptop do you have?

It appears HP has Vista drivers, but not Win 7 drivers. If you need, you might be able to get the Vista drivers to work. Have you right clicked on the speaker icon and checked the settings for the Playback and Recording devices? What do you show as default devices?

If you have this info already, please post, but you may need to go to the HP site and put in your specific information to get detailed information about your system. The chipset being used and the audio would be helpful. Is it Realtek audio or something else. Is the chipset and Intel 815 or 830, or what.

I suppose the bottom line is that if your current install is not sufficient for you, additional drivers may be needed. Windows will, in some circumstances, update drivers on its own but it may take some time.

If you are not famaliar, the snipping tool is very useful in taking pictures you can attach using the paper clip. If you want to show a dialog box you feel important please use it when necessary. You can edit out any personal info you do not want shown.

Edit-------------
I found it states your system has two headset jacks. One is S-PDIF enabled and one is not. Do you get the same problems with both?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom