Windows 7 internet explorer 9

loafty

Honorable Member
the issue is when trying to use the BACK button to return to the previous page. It seems that on numerous occasions that upon hitting the back button, it will return to the previous page momentarily and then go back to the page I was very first on at start on and I have no idea how to fix this problem so am hoping someone will be able to help me please

yes I have run ccleaner and it hasn't helped,Thanks

You could try re-installing IE9. Open the control panel and navigate to Programs: Turn Windows features on or off. Uncheck IE9 and then reboot.
To install just reverse the process. If this still fails to help perhaps you could provide a link to a web page where this issue appears.

I have tried un and re installing it and that doesn't fix it either, GOOGLE still giving me trouble BUT if I go to IGOOGLE it seems to work properly so it has me beat

Hi

I've run into that problem too, but with Google Chrome. Often I click and nothing happens or it goes clear back to the first page.
I've discovered that this happens if I click on the back button on the screen but not if use the back (side) button on my mouse.

I don't know if that's any help, but it you have a 5 button mouse give it a try.

Mike

I always assumed some of that behavior is due to the web site. Have you tried right clicking the back button to see if there is a list you can use to go back to? Sometimes I have had to go to an earlier page to get away.

I always assumed some of that behavior is due to the web site.

Couldn't agree more with Salts here, often times websites will redirect if something on the site has changed since it was last indexed on Google, or sometimes because the web admins of that specific site are just incompetent people. This happens frequently in Chrome to me as well, I click back and it either redirects me or does nothing, I hit the back button again and it takes me back two pages.

My thoughts are that if the behaviour is very consistent, you should check to see what addons you have running within Internet Explorer. Disabling/uninstall un-needed ones also has it's (browser) performance benefits.

Thanks all who have replied, I have tried everything that was suggested but nothing has fixed this issue

Back
Top Bottom