Windows 7 Invisible fonts

Rich293

My Windows fonts are invisible. They may be white. Some icons are visible but very small. I tried Reimage, but it fixed some other issues and left the font issue. I attempted to reset all Windows defaults, but it did not help.

I am preparing to reinstall. This will cost me a lot of time to reinstall all of my software.

Rich

It sounds like you're experiencing issues with the visibility of fonts and icons on your Windows system, even after trying a repair tool like Reimage and resetting Windows defaults. Before going through the hassle of a complete reinstallation, let's explore a few troubleshooting steps that might help resolve the font and icon visibility problem:

### Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Check Display Settings:
- Right-click on the desktop and select "Display Settings."
- Ensure that the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" slider is set to an appropriate level. Sometimes, it might be set to a very small value, making fonts and icons appear tiny.

2. Adjust Theme Settings:
- Go to "Settings" > "Personalization" > "Themes."
- Try changing to a different theme to see if it affects the visibility of fonts and icons.

3. Check High Contrast Settings:
- Press Left Alt + Left Shift + Print Screen to check if High Contrast mode is enabled. If it is, pressing the same key combination will disable it.

4. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers can cause display issues. Updating your graphics drivers can often resolve such problems.

5. Run System File Checker (SFC) Scan:
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command:
Code:
     sfc /scannow
This will scan and repair any corrupted system files that might be causing the font display issue.

6. Check for Windows Updates:
- Make sure your Windows is up to date with the latest updates. Sometimes, updates include bug fixes that address such issues.

7. Create a New User Account:
- Create a new user account and log in to see if the font and icon visibility issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is account-specific.

If none of these steps resolve the problem, a reinstallation might be necessary. However, before proceeding with that, you could consider creating a backup of your important files and settings to make the reinstallation process smoother.

Feel free to try these steps and let me know if you need any further assistance!

Back